Verizon Screwed Me

ryanovelo

Feb 12, 2017
Visit site
Placed my order on 2/11. Estimated arrival date 3/16. After multiple calls yesterday to see where the watch was (as they had not given me a tracking number) I find out that it never shipped. I was told by 3 different people it was out for delivery. NOW, the SHIP date has moved out to 4/13. This is completely unacceptable for an item that was on order for over 5 weeks with the ETA being the same for the entire 5 weeks. Then on the day it is supposed to arrive they move the ship to date out another month. I cancelled my order. I freaking hate Verizon.

hagar852

Feb 13, 2017
Visit site
Just called the store and they refuse to sell it without a plan or unlock it and that the watch is indeed locked.

The device IS NOT LOCKED from AT&T and was able to purchase the watch without needing a plan from AT&T. It is complete BS that you need a plan to purchase the watch, that is NOT TRUE!! I suggest going to another store or asking for someone else to deal with, since I am proof that isn't the case. I just walked into the store and bought it and then walked out, as simple as that. After buying it, I did apply for the unlock code but by the time I got it I already had the watch activated on Verizon.

It did take me 3 days of arguing with Verizon but eventually they did allow the device to be activated on their network. They just have to add the IMEI to their Device Management Database, and they associate another ICCID they already had on their system to it. I received a SIM from a Verizon store and got it all working.

afblangley

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
You should be more clear in communicating that your experience is not typical. AT&T stores may refuse to sell a device without service (this is especially likely to be the case during launch when stock is limited) furthermore, this is also true when ordering online. A person may be able to talk their way into buying a device without an accompanying plan, but that is the exception, not the rule. Likewise, Verizon is very picky about what devices are permitted on thier network. There is no guarantee that they will allow a device that wasn't purchased from them onto their network. Again this is a YMMV. To represent otherwise could mislead someone into making a costly mistake.

pacspud

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Hagar - Does calling out from the watch, without being connected to your phone, i.e., disable bluetooth, work properly? I tried the same thing and VZW was able to get texting and data working on the watch but couldn't get voice services in or out working.

I did read that there the VZW model supports an additional LTE band (13 I think it was?) that the A (AT&T) model does not.

hagar852

Feb 13, 2017
Visit site
You should be more clear in communicating that your experience is not typical. AT&T stores may refuse to sell a device without service (this is especially likely to be the case during launch when stock is limited) furthermore, this is also true when ordering online. A person may be able to talk their way into buying a device without an accompanying plan, but that is the exception, not the rule. Likewise, Verizon is very picky about what devices are permitted on thier network. There is no guarantee that they will allow a device that wasn't purchased from them onto their network. Again this is a YMMV. To represent otherwise could mislead someone into making a costly mistake.

First of all, I didn't talk my way into purchasing the watch without a contract. I simply walked into the store and asked to purchase the LG Watch Sport. The rep then asked me if I wanted a plan with it or to buy it outright, I obviously bought it outright and then walked out of the store with it. How is that not clear? Furthermore, with the experience I had, how is that the exception? I have not mislead anyone.

As far as Verizon activation is concerned, there are others here who also had difficulty activating their watch on Verizon with the "Google version" of the watch. They were able to activate as well, but had the same trouble I had, it is in this forum stated a few times. Once again I have not mislead anyone.

hagar852

Feb 13, 2017
Visit site
Hagar - Does calling out from the watch, without being connected to your phone, i.e., disable bluetooth, work properly? I tried the same thing and VZW was able to get texting and data working on the watch but couldn't get voice services in or out working.

I did read that there the VZW model supports an additional LTE band (13 I think it was?) that the A (AT&T) model does not.

Yes my watch is able to call out on LTE, while not being connected via Bluetooth and will other radios off. Unfortunately when you set it up to do so, it forces you to use Message+ app which disables "Android Messages" and doesn't have a keyboard to reply with.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Placed my order on 2/11. Estimated arrival date 3/16. After multiple calls yesterday to see where the watch was (as they had not given me a tracking number) I find out that it never shipped. I was told by 3 different people it was out for delivery. NOW, the SHIP date has moved out to 4/13. This is completely unacceptable for an item that was on order for over 5 weeks with the ETA being the same for the entire 5 weeks. Then on the day it is supposed to arrive they move the ship to date out another month. I cancelled my order. I freaking hate Verizon.
When does the next version come out?

rdbates33

Apr 29, 2017
Visit site
And the deception just continues! Not for us this time, but for the Samsung fans out there. Verizon was supposed to sell the Samsung Gear S3 Frontier beginning April 21st. But guess what? VZW announced those sales are being delayed until the end of Q2 "due to unforeseen circumstances." This watch has been available thru ATT for a while now. Does this scam sound familiar to any of the LG Watch Sport fans out there? Wow! Seems like VZW is going for a record year of ticking off different customer subsets! Another huge fail for Big Red!

rdbates33

Apr 29, 2017
Visit site
Saw some VZW preorder customer feedback this evening stating they checked their order today and it was missing altogether from their order queue. Called Verizon to have the order reinstated, and customer service confirmed order was still valid. Unsure as to why it disappeared. Anyone else have or hear about users with a similar issue?