LG Watch Sport Battery Life Update 2

hagar852

Feb 13, 2017
Visit site
Here is a video with some interesting results with battery life seemingly after a March 7th update to Android Wear app. Anyone else also experience what was found in this video?

itinj6

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I bought one from AT&T in Feb and returned it a week later due to horrible battery life. I burnt 35% in less than an hour just setting it up. Of course, YMMV. I then repurchased it from Google a few weeks ago, in Blue, because I loved the exclusive blue and I really wanted to love this watch. The features are amazing and AW 2.0 is a home run IMO. To make a long story longer, since I got the one from Google, my battery life has been nothing short of phenomenal. I have everything​ turned on minus LTE (which is going to be an emergency use case as I always have my phone). I went 15 hours the other day and still had 58% left. I don't need multiple days, just need a full work day and a few hours in case of overtime. This watch has more than met my expectations on the second try. Thought the battery life had to do with carrier bought vs Google bought.

hagar852

Feb 13, 2017
Visit site
I bought one from AT&T in Feb and returned it a week later due to horrible battery life. I burnt 35% in less than an hour just setting it up. Of course, YMMV. I then repurchased it from Google a few weeks ago, in Blue, because I loved the exclusive blue and I really wanted to love this watch. The features are amazing and AW 2.0 is a home run IMO. To make a long story longer, since I got the one from Google, my battery life has been nothing short of phenomenal. I have everything​ turned on minus LTE (which is going to be an emergency use case as I always have my phone). I went 15 hours the other day and still had 58% left. I don't need multiple days, just need a full work day and a few hours in case of overtime. This watch has more than met my expectations on the second try. Thought the battery life had to do with carrier bought vs Google bought.

I have the one from AT&T and noticed an improvement all of a sudden as mentioned in the video. How long ago did you buy the blue one? Maybe there was an improvement to software between the time you had the two watches?

But it definitely has gotten better and I am noticing similar results to you.

itinj6

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I have the one from AT&T and noticed an improvement all of a sudden as mentioned in the video. How long ago did you buy the blue one? Maybe there was an improvement to software between the time you had the two watches?

But it definitely has gotten better and I am noticing similar results to you.

I got my blue one on March 23 so it's very possible this update did the trick.

flipbeats

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Wow... ok I return the regular LG watch because of the battery also.. Now I"m contemplating on getting this one. I don't use LTE either

tsquare2112

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Mine has horrible battery life. I am considering returning it to AT&T. I have tried to turn off cellular data, but when I do, I can not receive text messages, even though it is BT to my phone. I use it primarily for text messages and occasional email. Does anyone know if it is possible to send and receive text with cell data turned off? If so, what am I doing wrong?

benjamin19

Trusted Member
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Mine has horrible battery life. I am considering returning it to AT&T. I have tried to turn off cellular data, but when I do, I can not receive text messages, even though it is BT to my phone. I use it primarily for text messages and occasional email. Does anyone know if it is possible to send and receive text with cell data turned off? If so, what am I doing wrong?
Sorry it's been a few days since your post. I've had the same issue. AT&T confirmed to me that when number sync is set up, if you turn lte off you still NOT receive texts or phone calls when though you are connected through Bluetooth.

If you want the watch sport to act as a regular Android Wear watch, must disable number sync. Problem is then, if you ever want to turn lte on and call or text someone, it will be from the random watch phone number and not my personal number.

w00dmann

Sep 4, 2017
Visit site

Do you have a link to where you purchased the watch from the Google store? I've searched the store and can only find the LG watch 'style' advertised, not the LG watch sport. Thanks!

evlarberryman

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
I feel for you guys. I was interested in the LG watch Sport until I saw the battery was only 430mAh. that just not enough for a LTE standalone watch to last more than 6 to 8 hours when remote from your phone.

I have the LG Urbane 2nd Edition which has a 570 mAh battery, which lasts me 10 to 12 hours in standalone mode with cellular always on. Now that they finally updated it to android wear 2.0 this is my "go to" watch and phone replacement on the weekends or when exercising.

Take a look at the spec comparisons on GSM Arena: https://m.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=7607&idPhone2=8552

I'm not sure why LG reduced the battery size esp when most of the criticism on this watch was over poor battery life. Thid watch couldve been a real winner.

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I feel for you guys. I was interested in the LG watch Sport until I saw the battery was only 430mAh. that just not enough for a LTE standalone watch to last more than 6 to 8 hours when remote from your phone.

I have the LG Urbane 2nd Edition which has a 570 mAh battery, which lasts me 10 to 12 hours in standalone mode with cellular always on. Now that they finally updated it to android wear 2.0 this is my "go to" watch and phone replacement on the weekends or when exercising.

Take a look at the spec comparisons on GSM Arena: https://m.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=7607&idPhone2=8552

I'm not sure why LG reduced the battery size esp when most of the criticism on this watch was over poor battery life. Thid watch couldve been a real winner.

This thing is big as hell already. I don't think I'd want it any bigger.

evlarberryman

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
Look at the size comparison between the LG Sport and LGU2 case. The LGU2 case is smaller and same rhickness yet houses a 140 mAh larger battery. So I dont think the watch has to get any bigger.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc