LG Watch Sport no TEXT Notifications

MisterEd

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Been using it with an iPhone so didn't bother complaining about the problems but just a Galaxy S8+ and now I'm getting annoyed.

When I get a phone call the watch "rings." When I get an email I get the notification tone BUT when I get a TEXT MESSAGE I get no notification tones.

Notification is set to loudest on watch so why am I not getting text notifications sounds?

Watch is like 3 weeks old I might just sell it and go back to a Garmin (it's past AT&T return period).

hagar852

Feb 13, 2017
Visit site
Just to rule other causes out...

In the Android Wear app for the phone.. Go to settings - and there you will see a "Block App Notifications" section. Any apps in there?

When using the app on the watch. Do you see the texts that most recently came in and you can view the conversation?

I recently had a weird occurrence with mine and I had to reboot the watch. Other times I had to factory reset, but I did that as last option.

MisterEd

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I see everything and get vibrations for everything but no SOUND NOTIFICATION from the watch. Nothing blocked. Been rebooted many times and reset once. Very strange.

In fact I turned ON "turn off notifications ON PHONE when wearing watch" figuring that would let the watch notify me with SOUND and it still didn't.

hagar852

Feb 13, 2017
Visit site
Ah yes..

I apologize for misinterpreting your issue. Now that you mention it, I also am not getting sounds either. I just noticed my ringer volume was on vibrate for the watch and just turned it up. I will see if that makes a difference for me.

darklighter43

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Been using it with an iPhone so didn't bother complaining about the problems but just a Galaxy S8+ and now I'm getting annoyed.

When I get a phone call the watch "rings." When I get an email I get the notification tone BUT when I get a TEXT MESSAGE I get no notification tones.

Notification is set to loudest on watch so why am I not getting text notifications sounds?

Watch is like 3 weeks old I might just sell it and go back to a Garmin (it's past AT&T return period).

Try "Feel the Wear". You can set custom notification sounds for any app on your phone and it even has an hourly chime option. Make sure you install it on your watch and phone. I'm using it on my LG Watch Sport and it works perfectly.