How is your battery life?

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
On my first full day, I finished with 8%. That wasn't even a real full day. That was about 10am to 430pm. I would say low to moderate use with ambient display and WiFi on. Is that what you are getting? It's terrible.

I turned off WiFi. We'll see if that helps tomorrow.

Tomer Elias

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, it has horrible battery life, It barely lasts a day. My best use so far is 14 hours. My watch sport, that I am returning because of defective screen, would get me from 8:30 to 00:00 with over 30% battery life left.

purplemarauder#AC

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Any more updates on battery life? Is it feeling any better after a few weeks? It's the one thing putting me off this watch currently, the thought it might not even get through a day

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Ok, thanks for that. Still adjusting my perceptions of what I want from a smartwatch as I'm currently wearing a Pebble ;)

Yeah - totally different since the Pebble uses a screen that only requres a little power. I really have no problem with charging my watch everyday. I just lay it on the charger before I go to bed. I don't understand why they always talk about needing longer battery life so much. Unless you stay awake for 24 hours at a time, it's no problem to charge it.

However, keep in mind that if you interact with the watch a lot during the day, it may not make it the whole day.

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
That's my one concern. Happy charging every night, but don't want it dying every evening either

Turn Maps off on the watch as it is a big battery killer. My display is set to always come on with motion. If I have a ton of notifications of look at it constantly the battery life will decrease. Otherwise today I made I through 15 hrs, quite a few notifications through the day and ended at 6%

woody nh

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
My wife has had a Style for 4 days now. Yesterday the battery was at 40% after 16 hours.
The conditions:
Moderate use all day.
The display was set to come on with gestures but not always on.
wifi was off.
Location services was on to support the weather app.
Maps is not installed.

Prior watch was a Pebble. We knew that the Style would mean charging every night as opposed to going several days. Looks like the Style battery capacity is adequate for the way she uses it.

vansmack

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
My wife has had a Style for 4 days now. Yesterday the battery was at 40% after 16 hours.
The conditions:
Moderate use all day.
The display was set to come on with gestures but not always on.
wifi was off.
Location services was on to support the weather app.
Maps is not installed.

Prior watch was a Pebble. We knew that the Style would mean charging every night as opposed to going several days. Looks like the Style battery capacity is adequate for the way she uses it.

I use my Style in a very similar manner (except location services) and haven't had any battery issues either. It has been superior to my Moto 360 1st and second Gen watches.

I've been quite pleased.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaeros85