Can you initiate a call without touching the watch?

haus

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Question for those who have this watch. Is it possible to flick your wrist to wake up the screen, say "Ok Google", then "call John Smith", and have it either ask which number or dial (if only one)? All without ever touching the watch? Just curious, thanks!

thomasanderson

Oct 31, 2009
Visit site
Only if the phone is out of range. I can "ok google" then "call wife mobile", but then I have to manually select call from phone or watch unless the phone is not nearby, then it defaults to watch.

FitzAusTex

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
If you have the watch paired correctly, by having "phone audio" (and probably "contact sharing") checked in the Bluetooth settings on your phone you should be able to call without touching your watch. I just tested it and by having "tilt to wake screen" on, I tilted my wrist to wake screen, said "ok Google" , and then "call Mike", and it dialed and connected call to watch via watch's speaker. If you have more than one phone number for the person you want to call, you will get asked "which number", unless you say (in my example) "call Mike mobile". The watch is treated as a Bluetooth headset speakerphone. Works fine.

I should add that I don't have a sim, and am just using via Bluetooth.

Fr0gburp3r

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Question for those who have this watch. Is it possible to flick your wrist to wake up the screen, say "Ok Google", then "call John Smith", and have it either ask which number or dial (if only one)? All without ever touching the watch? Just curious, thanks!
I can make a phone call without touching the watch or being connected to my Note 5. I have a sim in mine with service through AT&T.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar