Watch and Samsung phone

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Anyone using their LG Urbane LTE 2 with a Samsung phone? I have a Galaxy Note 4 and would rather buy this watch than the Gear S 2, but would like to know if it works ok with any android phone especially the Note 4. I was looking at a LG Health app today on Google Play and it said my phone wss not compatible with that app? What's up with that?

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
It should work with any Android phone running 4.4 or later Android OS. There is no need for any LG health app. The watch, or any AW watch, syncs with Google Fit app.

FitzAusTex

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Foxbat121, frogburp3r, thanks for the response. I appreciate it. Glad to know Google Fit works.
I'm really well versed in Google Fit, and all its crazy Android Wear problems over the past year, where steps just disappear from your step count, often thousands in a day. Finally in the past 4 months Google has fixed it. That was until Friday when I got the U2LTE. Compared to my Gear Live, where on most days I walk around 7k steps, Google Fit has been counting about 4k. Funny thing is the LG Health watch face is recording around 7k steps. So LG step counter seems accurate, and Google Fit is way off on the same watch..

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Fitzaustex, what phone do you have? Thanks. I am Looking to get the v10, but that will be next year when I can upgrade. I have been with Samsung since the Note 2. Getting tired of Samsung, especially since they took away the removable battery and SD card.

FitzAusTex

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Fitzaustex, what phone do you have? Thanks. I am Looking to get the v10, but that will be next year when I can upgrade. I have been with Samsung since the Note 2. Getting tired of Samsung, especially since they took away the removable battery and SD card.
a Nexus 5.

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't look like the steps on the watch is synced to the phone. LG Health shows only the steps counted on the watch. And Google Fit only shows steps counted on the phone. If you have both on you all the time, it might be close enough but if you leave the phone at home and walk around with watch, the discrepancy is huge. There isn't anything to setup on Google fit app on the phone.

I thought Samsung S Health app is difficult enough to work with. Google Fit is even worse.

lvmymoto

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I'm using my new watch with a Samsung S6 Edge+, only been about 24 hours, but not a single issue so far...

Posted via the Android Central App