Got mine last night!

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I find it inconceivable that in testing before release that LG would release a watch that never once would connect to the LTE network, as experienced by Tablets for Me. Has to be something unique to his situation. Probably only HSPA available at his location, or something like that.

He said in the video that he was in great LTE coverage and it happened with two separate watches. Doesn't mean all of them have this issue, but for them to pull the plug on this it must have been enough of them. He also said it doesn't happen all the time.

lvmymoto

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
The watch needs phone for almost everything. So, the connect to cloud thing really means connect to internet and reach your phone. The problem posted in the you tube video seems to suggest the watch will have trouble to connect to cell radio, no calls, no internet. Two different issues.

It must not be every watch or it's only location specific. I got mine from ATT on Monday and have no issues with either wifi or LTE connectivity. And I've gone out and tested the crap out of it! Every time I take the dog out I have purposefully left my phone behind and test the LTE connection and it's nothing short of perfect. GPS has been spot on as well...

lvmymoto

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
In another thread, Phil Nickleson replied "Nope" to a couple of the theories that people have put up. So I'm kind of thinking that the press or whatever probably knows what the issue is and just can't say yet. So at this point, I'm waiting until the very last minute of my return policy to see what shakes out from either LG or AT&T...

Rufio

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
I can confirm what Utters2027 is true. In stand alone mode, with the watch WiFi off and only connected to cellular LTE, AND with my phone set to airplane mode, I'm able to surf the web with browser on my watch. But none of the Google services work. Turn airplane mode off on my phone and Google cloud services functionality returns on the watch. So the watch has to be able to see the phone on the "internets" for Google services (ie Google now) to work. To be honest I don't think this is a big deal. You still get your text, email, bowser functionality.

ForceofWill

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
Still loving this thing. Just went to take a pic of mine and it popped up with a remote camera shutter button for me, so cool.

My everyday face.
IMG_20151120_202929.jpg

lvmymoto

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
Still loving this thing. Just went to take a pic of mine and it popped up with a remote camera shutter button for me, so cool.

My everyday face.
View attachment 20592

Seriously!? A remote shutter huh? Which camera app are you using? That's pretty cool...

I like the Rolex face too. Look good, fits the watch. I had somebody mistake mine for a Tag today, until they saw the face light up anyway. Haha!

Posted via the Android Central App

FitzAusTex

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Just the stock one on my Nexus 6p, it's probably Google camera.
yeah my Nexus 5 on Marshmallow has it, too. Probably haven't paid enough attention to how it could be useful, though, as my phone/camera is always in my hand. Guess if I propped the phone up to take a picture I wanted to be in?

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
yeah my Nexus 5 on Marshmallow has it, too. Probably haven't paid enough attention to how it could be useful, though, as my phone/camera is always in my hand. Guess if I propped the phone up to take a picture I wanted to be in?

Take extreme selfies :)

The remote shutter is not the only thing it offers. After you take the photo, it downloads the picture automatically to the watch for you to review. Pretty nice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22