Anyone lucky enough to get one and pair with iPhone?

deweyduo

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
I've had mine since Monday, paired immediately to iPhone (company phone) and things have been great! All except there is no Wi-Fi or additional Bluetooth setting to be found on the watch or in Android Wear on the phone. So no available e Wi-Fi for me at all. Any others with the same issue?

Attachments

• IMG_1667.jpg
    IMG_1667.jpg
    544.7 KB · Views: 13

adamdadam

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
How Is the watch working on your iPhone? Are you able to add contacts and use ok Google? I'm planning on using mine with my iPhone as well.

deweyduo

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
I been pleased with most functionality so far, but I'm coming from a Pebble and an iPhone. I've used the watch as a phone 20 or so times, all with the other person saying the call is crystal clear. OK Google stinks! No real functionality there. I've tried a number of times with "OK Google... call Tom", etc. No luck. It only looks up cards on the internet for "Toms". I can "OKG" "start Agenda" and see my full calendar on the watch or "start phone" only to navigate by finger to a contact to call. After navigating by finger to the messages app and picking a contact on the watch, I can send a message by speaking the text, etc. I'm using IFTTT to add some alert functionality to it and am happy with those.

Weirdest part is I have paired it to my iPhone via bluetooth multiple times with no issue, but I still have no way on the watch to navigate to Wi-Fi settings or Bluetooth! Those icons just don't exist on my watch! So I have not paired it to my home network or a headset... as far a as I know, I can't!

Because of I thought this was due to the iPhone, I was just minutes away from switching my iPhone to a Galaxy 6 at the ATT store the DAY it was cancelled. They were already resetting the store (as they do every Thurs) and all of the reps there said nothing about my watch, even after asking me about how it was working.

adamdadam

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for your reply. I'll look into your problem once my watch gets here and see if those setting no longer work as well. When you used talk to send a text message was the watch away from your phone? I'm hopping that works because I would love to leave my iPhone at home sometimes but still be able to send messages.

adamdadam

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
I also read of guys missing those settings from the watch when using with iOS. Seems to be just a limitation of using the watch with an iphone.

deweyduo

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
iPhone Android Wear app limitations is my running theory... next I'll try to pair it to a friend's Android phone on Monday.

I can use voice to send texts away from my phone. I have been forwarding my iPhone to my watch for the past week, leaving my phone in my office while in meetings in other buildings, spoofing my phone number on the watch for calls and sending text messages with no issue disconnected.

adamdadam

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
Awesome!! Thanks for that info I keep hearing different things. What do you mean by spoofing your number? I don't plan on getting a different SIM. There's times like if I'm out for a walk going out drinking etc that I would like not to have to carry my massive iPhone 6s Plus around me. Even though the watch seems limited with iOS I'm happy with just a nice looking watch that can make calls and texts. I have An Apple Watch and I have never even put any apps on the thing.

deweyduo

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
I went into the cellular settings on the watch and changed the number to my iPhone's. To think of it now, I haven't asked if the person receiving my "watch call" is seeing my new watch number or my iPhone number I entered onto the watch! I'll check that today. Was looking forward to seeing if NumberSync from ATT would go across platforms. I carry the big 6 Plus, too. Got it to stop carrying iPad or iPad mini to read. Been great for that, but bigger than I'd like to carry around everyday. So since last Monday, I forwarded calls from it to the watch... It's been great for that.

deweyduo

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, found out the only watch they support is the G2 WITH an Android phone in Beta right now. Was waiting (and hoping) to see if ATT eventually supported more watch/phones by the end of the year, when the plan goes official. I'm sure it won't happen with the watch, now... bummer.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21