Back on sale!

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
have you tried it? If yes then is it any better than the samsung or apple counterparts?

I had it only a day or so before they cancelled it. Took it back. Wish I hadn't.. Others here can tell you about the function of it but one thing I can say is that I loved the looks of it.

xendula

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Yes, and $60 more expensive that it was in November. I can't wait to hear if it is still sim unlocked.

Interesting that they announced it on the day Apple is holding an event, which will likely not introduce a connected Apple watch ;)

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Yes, and $60 more expensive that it was in November. I can't wait to hear if it is still sim unlocked.

Interesting that they announced it on the day Apple is holding an event, which will likely not introduce a connected Apple watch ;)

Good point..

lvmymoto

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I was surprised to see a price hike too! Kind of annoying, especially for people that took it back and want to buy it again... Glad to see it's coming back out though, I really think it's the best smartwatch available currently. Got mine the day they were released in November and haven't had a single issue with it. Just happy I'll be able to buy a spare charger for it now!

Anybody try Number Sync with it yet? I noticed on AT&T's website it says it will be compatible... I'm wearing my Moto today, but I'll try it out when I get home.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Also, the extra $60 makes me wonder if that was the original problem. They miscalculated the price and had to act like it was a manufacturing issue. They were extremely vague on the problem to begin with.

xendula

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Also, the extra $60 makes me wonder if that was the original problem. They miscalculated the price and had to act like it was a manufacturing issue. They were extremely vague on the problem to begin with.
Could be... Or the fact that it was not sim locked. I am just not buying that there were any technical issues, since none of us experienced any.

koalabear

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
If its any help to people AT&T took back my original one for a full refund today after I have been using since November - took awhile for them to find a code so I wouldn't have to pay a restocking fee. And they preordered the new one for me - said it will ship 3/29.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
If its any help to people AT&T took back my original one for a full refund today after I have been using since November - took awhile for them to find a code so I wouldn't have to pay a restocking fee. And they preordered the new one for me - said it will ship 3/29.

Whoohoo... That is great for you. I went and took mine back for a Samsung gear s2 back when this first happened, and I don't like it at all.. Wish I had kept the LG

xendula

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Just curious: why did you take your old one back?

lvmymoto

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site

That is pretty amazing! I might have to go give that a try! If nothing else I'll just get a new watch that is perfect and with a new warranty...

Samsung S6 Edge+ w/ Urbane 2 & Moto 360 2

xendula

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Most likely because the replacement will be supported, while the old one, though nothing that we could find wrong with it, won't be.
Ah, I guess that makes sense, along with the new warranty lvmymito mentioned.

I'll hold on to mine until it is confirmed that this version has the same bands (meaning it works worldwide) and that it is unlocked as well.

peterfares

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Most likely because the replacement will be supported, while the old one, though nothing that we could find wrong with it, won't be.

We don't really know that. Depending on what hardware was revised (if any was revised) it's possible it's still using the same software. If the problem really was the actual OLED screen, swapping out that part shouldn't have any changes to the OS and the old ones could still be supported. Still a good call, there's no reason to take the risk. Might as well get the warranty bumped up 4 months too!

koalabear

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Well I was fearful the old one wouldn't have any support - for instance if the charger has changed and mine broke I wouldn't be able to get a replacement. And, I was having connection problems in that it occasionally would drop the LTE connection, one of the issues rumored to be the reason for the recall. Not happy to pay more money but will have another brand new one, with a warranty and support. ALSO they didnt ask for the old charger back so hope its the same and then will have a spare

Last edited:

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Preordered one yesterday with the payment plan. Had to ditch a 4GB plan for a 2GB plan, but hopefully it will be worth it. At least I won't have to worry about upgrading my moto 360 1st Gen. Might could even keep the screen on...

Just need to make the buttons changeable. I have a real fitness tracker, so I don't need neat apps to kind of do it for me

Posted via the Android Central App

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Will swap mine out once it is in stock in local AT&T stores. Can't live without one for even a day. It makes no sense to return it before the new ones are available for pick up.

michael3735

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Anyone who ordered from att shipped yet?I'm returning my att gear s2 this Saturday so I'm hoping I get it before then.

Posted via the Android Central App

xendula

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Will swap mine out once it is in stock in local AT&T stores. Can't live without one for even a day. It makes no sense to return it before the new ones are available for pick up.
Same here, but I'll only return mine MAYBE if this version is exactly the same, including GPS, user accessible sim card slot and unlocked, and once it's confirmed that the battery life is equally phenomenal.

Even then, I'm not even sure it's worth returning it, only to pay $60 more for the same exact thing.... So I'll wait it out for now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital