My experiences thus far with the Verizon model LG-W200V (challenging)

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
In your original question, you mentioned you want to use Message+ to make phone calls using your Verizon number. From that, I assume you want to use it on Verizon network using Verizon LTE service. My answer is to that specific question. It will not operate on Verizon Cellular network.

Ljayhova

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
I tried that on my Verizon watch. Unfortunately, my watch won't make calls if I turn the account off. Also, when I call my watch number, there's just a busy signal.

The number assigned to the watch is only a place holder that's why you only get a busy signal when calling it. The Verizon watch shares the number of the phone it's paired to just like ATTs version of Numbersync the only difference is you don't have the option of turning it on or off you have to use your phone's number that's why you can't call out if you uncheck your phones number in the settings. I actually like not having to worry about 2 different numbers. When not connected to the phone I'm able to place calls via the Phone app, send texts through the Message+ app, and get all of my notifications on my LTE signal just fine.

mdw1995

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
The number assigned to the watch is only a place holder that's why you only get a busy signal when calling it. The Verizon watch shares the number of the phone it's paired to just like ATTs version of Numbersync the only difference is you don't have the option of turning it on or off you have to use your phone's number that's why you can't call out if you uncheck your phones number in the settings. I actually like not having to worry about 2 different numbers. When not connected to the phone I'm able to place calls via the Phone app, send texts through the Message+ app, and get all of my notifications on my LTE signal just fine.

So if the phone is off or the battery dies, the Verizon version can't make calls?

tech_head

Q&A Team
Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
I don't have AT&T or T-Mobile so I went this route also but you have to be careful which MVNO you choose. Some may not work. I tried both Ting (T-Mobile) and H20 (AT&T) and could not get the data to work because the APN settings didn't import correctly and there is no way to manually edit them. I then tried Truphone and now have a fully functional watch. Truphone has a prepay plan that is 9 cents per minute/message/MB with incoming calls and texts free.

You are the man!!!
I'll be ordering a Truphone SIM.
Free incoming is great!
I'll tie it to my GV number.
I can't see myself sending anything from the phone.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
In your original question, you mentioned you want to use Message+ to make phone calls using your Verizon number. From that, I assume you want to use it on Verizon network using Verizon LTE service. My answer is to that specific question. It will not operate on Verizon Cellular network.

I see what you're saying, but I don't want to be on the Verizon network. If you have the Verizon messages app on an android device such as a tablet (and they say smartwatch too) , you can make and receive calls and also send text messages using your Verizon phone number as long as there's a data connection(any data connection) . So here's what I'm trying to do. I want to use the AT&T smartwatch (on the AT&T network) with my Verizon phone. As long as I have a data connection, I should be able to use the Verizon message app to send text messages using my Verizon number (theoretically anyway). So I'm asking the person who had their AT&T smartwatch connected to their Verizon phone if that actually works. It gives me an option to setup calling with my Verizon number on my wifi zenwatch 2 but the app force closes. So all I want to know is if they're able to go through that setup process.

That makes sense. But, I'd prefer to have the AT&T smartwatch. It's cheaper, and I could still use that other phone number by itself when needed.

json405

Apr 2, 2016
Visit site
I see what you're saying, but I don't want to be on the Verizon network. If you have the Verizon messages app on an android device such as a tablet (and they say smartwatch too) , you can make and receive calls and also send text messages using your Verizon phone number as long as there's a data connection(any data connection) . So here's what I'm trying to do. I want to use the AT&T smartwatch (on the AT&T network) with my Verizon phone. As long as I have a data connection, I should be able to use the Verizon message app to send text messages using my Verizon number (theoretically anyway). So I'm asking the person who had their AT&T smartwatch connected to their Verizon phone if that actually works. It gives me an option to setup calling with my Verizon number on my wifi zenwatch 2 but the app force closes. So all I want to know is if they're able to go through that setup process.

That makes sense. But, I'd prefer to have the AT&T smartwatch. It's cheaper, and I could still use that other phone number by itself when needed.

Yes, messages+ works with the watch. I've always had messages+ disabled because I didn't like the interface but I've started using it just for the ability to call from my VZW number when I do not have my phone with me.

It took a little bit to set up but it did work.

My current set up is

VZW Note 5
ATT LG Urbane 2nd edition
Tmobile SIM

The only pro I can think of which is a big Pro for using this method is:

-You can leave your phone at home and get/answer your messages and phone calls from your smartphone if both devices are connected to data.

To me there are more cons than pros for my situation...(this is just me)

-Data is being used instead of my unlimited minutes if I use this method instead of call forwarding. I only have 500mb of LTE data with my plan. I'm not sure how this method will function on a slower data connection. I guess I can try Truphone also but I haven't had any issues with my tmobile coverage......yet so I'm not in the rush to switch.
-Battery drain which is not surprising since you will be using the data but that can be turn on and off when needed.
-Google's Messenger app already delivers your messages to your phone through cloudsync. So the messenger+ app for the sole purpose of receiving text from my smartphone is kind of redundant.
-I hate having two apps that do the same thing on my phone but I need both apps for both of my lines. I guess I could just not use my smartwatch number but damn I hate wasting it haha.

mdw1995

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
You are the man!!!
I'll be ordering a Truphone SIM.
Free incoming is great!
I'll tie it to my GV number.
I can't see myself sending anything from the phone.

Hope it works out for you. I only use the watch away from the phone during runs so it works well and affordably for me. When I first inquired about their service, a CS rep said you your credit lasts 180 days without activity. Just need to use any part of the service to keep active. If that's true, it's not too bad a deal.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Yes, messages+ works with the watch. I've always had messages+ disabled because I didn't like the interface but I've started using it just for the ability to call from my VZW number when I do not have my phone with me.

It took a little bit to set up but it did work.

My current set up is

VZW Note 5
ATT LG Urbane 2nd edition
Tmobile SIM

The only pro I can think of which is a big Pro for using this method is:

-You can leave your phone at home and get/answer your messages and phone calls from your smartphone if both devices are connected to data.

To me there are more cons than pros for my situation...(this is just me)

-Data is being used instead of my unlimited minutes if I use this method instead of call forwarding. I only have 500mb of LTE data with my plan. I'm not sure how this method will function on a slower data connection. I guess I can try Truphone also but I haven't had any issues with my tmobile coverage......yet so I'm not in the rush to switch.
-Battery drain which is not surprising since you will be using the data but that can be turn on and off when needed.
-Google's Messenger app already delivers your messages to your phone through cloudsync. So the messenger+ app for the sole purpose of receiving text from my smartphone is kind of redundant.
-I hate having two apps that do the same thing on my phone but I need both apps for both of my lines. I guess I could just not use my smartwatch number but damn I hate wasting it haha.
Thanks for this answer! This is what I was talking about foxbat. So I'm thinking I'll go with the AT&T version. Looks like this Verizon one is being returned. I want the option to be able to use another phone number if my phone is dead or something because my Verizon one won't send text messages when my phone is off. Also, Verizon doesn't have 4G in all areas so the AT&T one will be much more likely to work in more places. I'm just not seeing any benefit to having the Verizon version since I can use my Verizon number with either device.

arqpsa

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
I am using the AT&T verision and works perfectly fine... I have the number sync... so it has my same phone number and I can decide either to call from the phone or watch and works flawless... last week I was out with some friends in a place that I didn't know how to get back and my phone died... I used the watch to make some calls and to use the maps to find my way back! awesome watch!

ilovecellular

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
Original poster with a new question.

Do you think it is possible that I could not get Verizon Messages + to work because I am using an unlocked Nexus 6, not one from Verizon. HD calling is active on my Verizon account but the option to turn it on in my phone settings is not available. I didn't think this would cause the problem as all my tablets work just fine using my phones number like the watch is supposed to but I'm starting to think that may not be the case.

json405

Apr 2, 2016
Visit site
Original poster with a new question.

Do you think it is possible that I could not get Verizon Messages + to work because I am using an unlocked Nexus 6, not one from Verizon. HD calling is active on my Verizon account but the option to turn it on in my phone settings is not available. I didn't think this would cause the problem as all my tablets work just fine using my phones number like the watch is supposed to but I'm starting to think that may not be the case.

Not sure if this is still an issue but when Marshmallow rolled out to the Nexus 6, HD voice option was deleted. You can try this to re-enable it.

http://www.theandroidsoul.com/how-to-fix-verizon-nexus-6-volte-advanced-callinghd-voice-on-marshmallow-85432/

But yes, HD voice will need to be on for you to use the calling feature of vzw messages +

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
The girl in Verizon argued me down that the phone could use its own phone number but that it was just setup incorrectly. I still returned it. Got an AT&T watch now, works just as well but it was cheaper. I'll go ahead get a prepaid plan now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital