Specs already dated

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
Just saw this yesterday: CoWatch smartwatch users Amazon's Alexa Voice Service (crowdfunding) - Liliputing. Note the 1 GB of RAM and 8 GB of storage (and ignore the crappy 300 mAh battery, for a minute). Of course Apple smartwatches also have 8 GB of storage, though I wouldn't have bought one of those anyway.

Though the LG Watch Urbane 2nd Edition beats all of the other current AW watches in terms of specs, really wishing they would have gone the extra mile and matched these two specs... or, at a minimum, made the SIM slot capable of accepting a micro SD card, similar to what is done on many current smartphones, as well as Chinese smartwatches.

The technology already exists (and has for some time) to build good AW watches. AW watch manufacturers have just been skimping on specs since their inception... thus the reason I waited to make this my first smartwatch. Just tired of the runaround by manufacturers.

json405

Apr 2, 2016
Visit site
The storage and ram are the only things I see that is better "on paper". Like most of us, I'm more interested in the software this watch runs. I'm not really a fan of Amazon devices except for the e-readers but I'll keep my eye on this.

Just to add, I'm sure the urbane like any other piece of tech will be out spec'd in a few months but doesn't mean it will be obsolete. Based on price, $360 for all it gives its users is still the best bargain out of the smartwatches out there, IMO.

Now if Google will just give us better software, the current processor and 768mb RAM is more than enough for me.

I still think you made a great choice to make this watch your first AW watch.

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
What do you need those extra RAM and storage for? You can't watch video on it. Sync music takes extremely long time and often failed to sync. Apps are nothing but a front end proxy to the phone app. 1GB RAM is probably more than enough.

Lastly, you can't ignore the 300mah battery on the amazon watch. If you need to use a super speced watch with a charging wire permanently attached, that's not a watch. Paper spec really means nothing. My ultimate goal of a smart watch is 1 week of battery time. Until then, everything else is not important.

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Only matters if you use the storage, which I have not done yet and don't see myself doing anytime soon

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance