Managing Skype with Android Wear?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
According to the article, it requires Skype version 6.4. On my HTC One M9 running Android 5.1, I can only get to version 6.30, not 6.4 which probably only available to Android 6.0 OS devices.

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Both the article and the version 6.4 are rather old. So, in theory, it should already in the new version 6.30 unless some features are removed.
Tried it out and you can respond to messages and calls. Just can't initiate anything.

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I did. See my post above. There is no way to start a conversation or initiate a call. You can reply via voice to messages or accept/reject incoming calls. If you have the watch play phone audio via BT connection, you can even talk over the watch. Not very useful, IMO. For example, if you are in a message conversation with someone, you can only reply when new messages come in. If there is no new messages come in, you can do anything.

ekerbudeeeek

Apr 11, 2016
Visit site
I did. See my post above. There is no way to start a conversation or initiate a call. You can reply via voice to messages or accept/reject incoming calls. If you have the watch play phone audio via BT connection, you can even talk over the watch. Not very useful, IMO. For example, if you are in a message conversation with someone, you can only reply when new messages come in. If there is no new messages come in, you can do anything.

Basically like whatsapp.

It's odd because I can see the whole conversation but only if I have a message outstanding. For whatsapp that is.

Posted via the Android Central App

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
These app devs should really learn from WeChat. This wearable messaging app is fully functional with all the chat history as well. It supports posting via voice recognition text or voice directly. It doesn't have to rely on outstanding notification at all.

starcat42

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
who[language clean up by Mod] designed an app that you cant initiate? seriously someone needs to get fired for that. i mean COME ON. its 2016, how hard is it to tap on a damn name, bring up a menu, call, start conversaiton, reply etc.. jesus christ.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12