Why are customer service reps so clueless? even the so called supervisors?

one028

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
Seriously...I have bought 3 smart watches from AT&T and every time its like Im speaking a strange foreign language when I tell them that I want to buy the watch at full retail and only use it paired to Bluetooth to my phone....NO DATA PLAN!!

The sales rep has to get a manager and the manager has to call someone or converse with another manager and then finally sell me the watch the way I wanted to purchase it in the first place.

Then today, just to see what AT&T could do for me since the exact same watch is now $60 more, I reluctantly call AT&T customer service.

ME: Hi, I calling about the LG watch urbane 2nd edition I just purchased

CS: Ok..let me access your account, on moment. I don't see that watch on your account.

ME: I know, its not on my account, I only use it Bluetooth tethered to my phone, no data or calling plan.

CS: I don't think you can do that sir, it needs to be activated.

ME: No it doesn't, let me just speak to your supervisor.

CS: Sir, in order to help you with that watch it has to be activated on your account. I don't even see that we even sell that watch.

ME: FOR ALL THAT IS HOLY, LET ME SPEAK TO A SUPERVISOR.

CS: One moment

Sup: can I help you?

ME: yes...im calling about the the LG Watch Urbane 2nd edition that I just purchased..it was recalled in Nov and It was just re-released last week. I have a question about the watch price.

Sup: can I have the phone number of the watch?

Me: its not activated...I only use it with Bluetooth.

Sup: It has to be activated on your account for me to help you..

ME: nevermind....

CLICK...

has anyone tried to get them to match the original $299 price?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Customer service reps (actually sales associates) are there to sell you the device they have, the way they have it. They're not trained to look outside the box. If you want to do it your way (you represent less than 1% of their customers) you're just going to have to do it your way.

evlarberryman

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
I find that I usually know more than the store sales reps on the phones and watches. The att reps on the phone are much more helpful and knowledgeable. At least that's my experience.

Posted via the Android Central App

dasupaman23

Nov 24, 2008
Visit site
Just went into the store that I bought mine at a couple weeks ago, to pay off the device and cancel the line. 4 reps and a Manager hadn't seen it. The manager at least knew it was recalled but didn't know it was recently released.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol