Why is Verizon charging so much?

Karlzweb

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't get why Verizon charges so much vs AT&T for this watch. (499 vs 199) Even with a 2 year contract, it is still 449!

Also if you cancel your two year contract with Verizon you have a $175 early term fee... I want to get the watch, but can't validate spending and extra 250-300 just because I am with Verizon....

Posted via the Android Central App

tech_head

Q&A Team
Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
I guess because they can?
I have Verizon but I bought my device off contract from AT&T for $350
I have a T-Mobile pay as you go sim.
I only use the watch for emergency calling.

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Actually, you spend more and getting a lesser watch as well. Verizon version only contains one band support: band 13 of LTE that is main LTE for Verizon. So the watch is practically useless on other carriers. AT&T version contains two LTE bands and 3 3G HSPA and 2 2G GSM bands. So it can work on many different GSM carriers.

Isn't things always more expensive on Verizon with less choice?

json405

Apr 2, 2016
Visit site
Yeah there's no real point in getting the VZW one over the ATT version. I mean the only reason why a person would think to buy a Verizon 2nd edition is to sync up their VZW numbers with the watch but you don't even need a VZW version to do that. I have a Verizon Smartphone with an ATT LG 2nd edition and I have my watch linked up to take and make phone calls from my Verizon Smartphone.

If you don't need to make calls from your Verizon line then call forwarding works as well too.

So I always tell people to buy the GSM/ATT version instead and put a prepaid GSM sim or a tmobile wearable plan sim. It can end up being cheaper too depending on how you use it.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Yeah Verizon's version pretty much sucks. You pay more for less. And I was never able to get mine to use its own number. I took it back and went with the AT&T version

yeahizme

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Bc big red thinks it is the top dog and charges ridiculous pricing...can't wait for another mobile carrier to dethrone verizon

prefessional

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi json405, any chance you can share the setup on how to have an AT&T version using a Verizon number? Thanks in advance!

[Edit] Ah, found your post with the instructions, please disregard.

Last edited:

Samsmome

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
IMO I think AT&T charges less is because they know their network is substandard to Verizon (at least where I live). So they think if they charge less they'll get/keep more customers.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie