Using LOTS of data

scaots

May 29, 2010
Visit site
I turned on cellular for 40 minutes to go for a run and the watch shows that Google Play Services used 45MB of data in that time. Huh!? I used Endomondo for tracking and played Music, but music is only available previously synched. Nothing on this watch should be using data like that.

Anyone else see anything like this or have any idea why it used so much data? I'm using a pay as you go SIM so hoping this isn't the norm otherwise I may as well pay AT&T $16/mo. Thanks

scaots

May 29, 2010
Visit site
I should add that it probably would have used more but I had a data limit set at 50MB. So in my previous limited cellular testing it only used 5MB over much longer time period.

mdw1995

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
I had this happen once paired through cellular and it was the result of adding/removing apps without paying attention to how I was paired to the phone. I had 45MB attributed to Google services in a matter of minutes also. I'm also using a pay as you go SIM so I set my data warnings/limits after this happened. This happened in January. I've used Endomondo and Ghostracer over 50 times since then with an average of 50 minutes per run and I average about 1-2MB per run. For the most part I only turn on cellular when I run and I'm usually under 30MB per month with 3-4 runs per week. Maybe there was an update or app pushed to the watch? I don't believe this amount of data is typical for a run.

xendula

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I just checked my account: I average about 2MB per run, usually about 1 hour, tracking with Endomondo and streaming music via playlist (so no data there). I don't even limit my data any more, because every time I switch cellular off , then back to auto, that number gets reset.

So I average around c20 or less per run! Thank you mdw1995 who discovered Truphone and its awesome pricing for all us WU 2 LTE owners!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463