Anyone know how to get better battery from the Urbane 2

idle0095

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know how to get better battery from the Urbane 2? My Huawei Watch gets 50% left at night from 7am to 10pm. My LG watch is dead at 10pm. I have Wifi and GPS off on the watch. Im connected to BT 99% of the time. Im using Min and Elegant watch face which is very very very good on battery. Using it on my Huawei watch as well.
When I had this watch on 6.0 the battery was awesome. I would end the day with 40% left. Now with this stupid 6.0.1 update im seeing horrible battery. Sure 7am to 10pm is ok for most people but if I need to be late and cant get watch to the charger by 10pm then the watch will be dead. The Huawei watch I can get about 24 hours of use. WTH is wrong with LG. Ive also had 4 of these so its not the watch. Its not numbersync because I have it disabled and not even on. This is the ATT version.
Does anyone have the 6.0 firmware that flash able like the new android wear 2.0 is? I would rather flash back to that version.
I want 3% drain an hour like it use to be. Will shutting off data connection really help?

Also anyone notice that wifi turns on automatically? I always have it off but it seems to turn on by it self. How come?

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Turn off cellular radio and it will easily last two days. Even though you connect via BT to the phone, the watch's cell radio is still on all the time and will consume a lot more battery than it is off because it tries to maintain cell radio connection (for SMS and phone calls), especially in a weak signal area.

idle0095

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Turn off cellular radio and it will easily last two days. Even though you connect via BT to the phone, the watch's cell radio is still on all the time and will consume a lot more battery than it is off because it tries to maintain cell radio connection (for SMS and phone calls), especially in a weak signal area.

Yeah but I had my first LG Watch 2 in Nov when it came out and it was on 6.0. I never had anything off and I had awesome battery. This version with the new 6.0.1 is horrible. I shut the cell radio off and still over 7% usage. Im done with this crappy battery life. My Huawei Watch with a very small battery lasts a lot longer then the LG. Even with the cell off it basically a Huawei watch. Im returning this again. I have gone through 4 of these because of battery. My Huawei does 2 days easy. I dont get it. I want the firmware for 6.0 for this watch. Maybe then battery will work.

idle0095

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Off charger at 7am and im down to 80% and its 11am. 4 hours. No ******* way. Huawei watch would be at 92% still. Im done with ******* POS. Back to ATT it will go.

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Your Huawei watch has no cell radio to consume power. Not a fair comparison.

I have to admit that the addition of NumberSync does add substantial power drain if you have cell radio enabled.

Mine with cell radio disabled, off charger at 7AM and now it is 11:24AM, still 96% left.

idle0095

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Your Huawei watch has no cell radio to consume power. Not a fair comparison.

I have to admit that the addition of NumberSync does add substantial power drain if you have cell radio enabled.

Mine with cell radio disabled, off charger at 7AM and now it is 11:24AM, still 96% left.
NuNumber ayncsync is disabled and permission not even on. We're can i find the original firmware 6.0. Number sync is a joke. I just want normal battery life. I shouldn't have to disable cell when this is a always on watch. I have cell set to automatic. My original one from Nov has terrific battery life.

StimulatorCam

May 20, 2015
Visit site
Turn off cellular radio and it will easily last two days... especially in a weak signal area.

Exactly this. I leave the cell radio on all the time, and I find depending on where I am it makes a huge difference to battery life. I work from home most of the week and my watch will easily last the entire day and then some, but when I go to the office I guess the signal is weaker there and it sometimes dies before I leave for the day.

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
NUmber sync process on the watch can't be disabled. As long as you're on AT&T network, it will consume power regardless.The only way is disable cell radio.

With twice the RAM, higher resolution screen and faster processor, double the battery size, the LG is still a superior AW watch than Huawei ever can be.

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Exactly this. I leave the cell radio on all the time, and I find depending on where I am it makes a huge difference to battery life. I work from home most of the week and my watch will easily last the entire day and then some, but when I go to the office I guess the signal is weaker there and it sometimes dies before I leave for the day.

I work from home and the signal in my house is very weak, especially at basement where my office is. If I leave cell radio on, it can barely last to the evening. But if I turn it off, at the 10PM when I charge the watch, it typically sits around 75% remain.

tech_head

Q&A Team
Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Turn off the Cell Radio.
I constantly get a day with 70% or more left on the battery.
There is no need to have the cell radio on all the time if your phone is near.
I only turn on the Cell Radio in the watch for emergencies.

Off charger at 7am and im down to 80% and its 11am. 4 hours. No ******* way. Huawei watch would be at 92% still. Im done with ******* POS. Back to ATT it will go.

idle0095

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Turn off the Cell Radio.
I constantly get a day with 70% or more left on the battery.
There is no need to have the cell radio on all the time if your phone is near.
I only turn on the Cell Radio in the watch for emergencies.

Then whats the point in having a connected watch. Make no since plus paying $10 a month for it as a connected device. Also again when this had 6.0 on it I never shut the radio off and it worked very well. Its not the cell radio. Something else is draining the battery. I know others who have this watch and dont shut cell off and it works awesome for them. But for me it doesnt. 7am to 1pm and I was at 67%. Unacceptable for me. My Huawei watch would be at 85% at least.

idle0095

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Im returning this junk. Back to Huawei watch. Ill try out the next connected device. Maybe one that has changeable watch bands.

mdw1995

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
Then whats the point in having a connected watch. Make no since plus paying $10 a month for it as a connected device. Also again when this had 6.0 on it I never shut the radio off and it worked very well. Its not the cell radio. Something else is draining the battery. I know others who have this watch and dont shut cell off and it works awesome for them. But for me it doesnt. 7am to 1pm and I was at 67%. Unacceptable for me. My Huawei watch would be at 85% at least.

To each his/her own. The LG would be close to 85% also without cell. To lose a little over 5% an hour with cell active doesn't seem too bad to me. It gives a full day with cell active if you prefer to leave it on. Not much different than my phone. Having the ability to respond to texts/calls without my phone around, especially during runs, is worth it to me. It all depends on your usage. For me, the ability to call/text without the phone is pretty sweet.

StimulatorCam

May 20, 2015
Visit site
For me, the ability to call/text without the phone is pretty sweet.

I actually held off buying an AW watch for the past year or two because I wanted one that worked by itself, and once I discovered this one I was super excited! So far I have no serious complaints either.

miroul

Apr 13, 2016
Visit site
I had similar battery issue and in order to fix them, i unpaired the watch from Android Wear, did a full reset of the watch and cleared ALL google play services cache. Then restarted both the phone and watch, repaired in Android Wear and voilà! No more battery issues for me. Now, like some reported here, the cell connection does eat up the battery when in weak signal areas. Same goes when i'm having long calls.. But, being an ex Huawei watch owner, i would no go back since i've tasted GPS and semi-autonomy using this watch. I recently replaced my phone for a Samsung TAB S2 tablet with LTE, when i need to use apps, web, music, etc.. I love it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz