I think the LG Urbane 2 Battery Life is great....

pdqgp

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
I have mine set up and connected as noted below and am seeing great battery life. Now I've not ventured out of the house but my watch has been off it's charger where it was at 100% for the past 4hrs and it's at 98% battery.

Updated: Now been 7hrs and I'm at 90%

Connected to my Note 5 via BT
Cellular is on Automatic
Wifi is connected to my home router
Numbersync is Activated

I've received a number of calls that rang through but were taken on my phone not my watch
Lots of notifications have been pushed over to the watch including text messages and emails

I have it set to turn the watch face off not to run in Ambient Mode. Overall though I'm quite pleased.

I think Numbersync is likely draining my phone faster than normal but I have yet to deactivate most of the stuff via Package Disabler that I had done at one time. Over 118 items actually. I turned most all of those back on as I was initially troubleshooting my Urbane 2 when it was having connectivity issues.

Last edited:

tech_head

Q&A Team
Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
I have mine set up and connected as noted below and am seeing great battery life. Now I've not ventured out of the house but my watch has been off it's charger where it was at 100% for the past 4hrs and it's at 98% battery.

Updated: Now been 7hrs and I'm at 90%

Connected to my Note 5 via BT
Cellular is on Automatic
Wifi is connected to my home router
Numbersync is Activated

I've received a number of calls that rang through but were taken on my phone not my watch
Lots of notifications have been pushed over to the watch including text messages and emails

I have it set to turn the watch face off not to run in Ambient Mode. Overall though I'm quite pleased.

I think Numbersync is likely draining my phone faster than normal but I have yet to deactivate most of the stuff via Package Disabler that I had done at one time. Over 118 items actually. I turned most all of those back on as I was initially troubleshooting my Urbane 2 when it was having connectivity issues.

Yep the battery life is impressive.
I'm at nine hours and still at 92%.

pdqgp

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Yep the battery life is impressive.
I'm at nine hours and still at 92%.

good to hear. I just popped mine on the charger after 12hrs and I was only at 83% with a full day of all the above on. I noted this as I've read a lot of places that Numbersync is a massive drain and that people were turning cellular OFF, but I don't see that at all. :confused:

evlarberryman

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
Wow, those are good numbers. I don't get near that. After 5 hours I am down to about 75 or 80%. By around 10pm I am at 25 to 30% remaining.

Can you go over your settings again?

My LGU2 is:
wifi off
Cellular auto
Bluetooth on
GPS on
Ambient on
Numbersync on
Screen brightness is 3

Thanks!

Posted via the Android Central App

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
It all depends on your cell signal levels around you. If you have a good strong AT&T signal, the drain will be less. But if you are in an area of poor signals, it drains rather fast.

afblangley

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
The real key is how much use (ie. screen time, talk time) can you get per charge. In other words, what are a watch's capabilities and can it last a full day doing them. The U2 has LTE radio, how long can it last when not around WiFi. It's got cellular, how long can it last being used as a phone.

pdqgp

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
The real key is how much use (ie. screen time, talk time) can you get per charge. In other words, what are a watch's capabilities and can it last a full day doing them. The U2 has LTE radio, how long can it last when not around WiFi. It's got cellular, how long can it last being used as a phone.

All good questions. I never looked at it that way for any of my devices as I really only care in my day to day use under normal conditions how long it lasts. I was away from home for 5hrs with it on Cell and it's at 82% as of my return a few minutes ago. Thus it's fading faster than the other day but still quite well for being standalone. Usage wise, it gets a work out as I get a ton of notifications and text messaging is a regular thing for me.

pdqgp

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Wow, those are good numbers. I don't get near that. After 5 hours I am down to about 75 or 80%. By around 10pm I am at 25 to 30% remaining.

Can you go over your settings again?

My LGU2 is:
wifi off
Cellular auto
Bluetooth on
GPS on
Ambient on
Numbersync on
Screen brightness is 3

Thanks!

I have:

wifi ON
Cell AUTO
BT ON
GPS ON
Ambient OFF
Numbersync ON
Brightness 4

danholke

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Great results thanks for posting. I only turn number sync on when I am without my phone. Connecting through Android Wear gives me everything I need through my phone, it saves battery to not use number sync.

StimulatorCam

May 20, 2015
Visit site
I was away from home for 5hrs with it on Cell and it's at 82% as of my return a few minutes ago. Thus it's fading faster than the other day but still quite well for being standalone

I use mine as a standalone as much as possible, leaving my phone at home, so I am on cell almost all the time. I find that cell reception makes all the difference. Today I'm at 85% after 4 hours, but have had days where it drops to 50% after about the same amount of time, although that is the exception.

michael3735

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Is the att urbane 2 still a good buy? I rarely see it being talked about on the internet and I just hope that if I buy it keeps getting the updates that's what scares me about buying it.

StimulatorCam

May 20, 2015
Visit site
Is the att urbane 2 still a good buy?

Currently there still isn't anything that tops it as far as I'm concerned, so yes still a good buy. The new Nexus watch seems like it will be fairly similar, but nobody knows exactly what it will be or cost yet.

I rarely see it being talked about on the internet

Was it ever??

I just hope that if I buy it keeps getting the updates

You're guaranteed AW2.0 at the very least, but I'd predict at least one major update after that as well.

pdqgp

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Is the att urbane 2 still a good buy? I rarely see it being talked about on the internet and I just hope that if I buy it keeps getting the updates that's what scares me about buying it.

I think so. I said the same thing about the Gear S but in the end they are both very good at augmenting your existing phone and will continue to be valuable.

michael3735

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply but I went with the Moto 360 2015,i may or may not like it but being able to change bands is something I like and not sure I'm ever more than 30 feet away from my phone so I'm thinking I don't need 4g.

ScottyKnox

Aug 9, 2016
Visit site
When I first got my watch I was seeing incredible battery life as many have mentioned. I would get 1.5% - 2% battery drain per hour with this typical setup:

wifi off
Cellular auto
Bluetooth on
GPS on
Ambient on
Numbersync off
Screen brightness is 2

I flashed the AW 2.0 developer preview to try the new features, found it quite buggy and flashed back to the AW 1.5 version. For the past month I have had horrible battery life. 6%-7% drain per hour with same setup. I tried numerous solutions. Finally after factory resetting several times, forcing the Google Play update, flushing the phone storage cache, and the Google Play Services Cache, and last step of totally letting the battery drain, I am back in business. I am getting 2%-2.5% drain per hour with the same setup and moderate heavy usage throughout the day.

I have been off the charger since 7am and at 9:30pm I am still at 69%. I keep an extra charger at work but have not had to even think about using it for the past several days. This is my 4th AW watch and definitely it has the best battery life (it does have the biggest battery available in AW devices).

Marius Florea

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site
Hello!Can you tell me how to flash phone storage cache and google play service cache and what do you mean by forcing google play update.Do you refer at system update.Because ive did like you.I have tested AW 2.0 preview and then i get back to MFD18L.I did factory reset about 3 times but my battery id draining really fast.I ve buy it this watch this week and i did not installed any other watch faces.In 2hours i lost about 20% of battery.

ScottyKnox

Aug 9, 2016
Visit site
Marius

What version does your watch say for Google Play Services? 9.4.52(530-127739847) is what I currently have.

To flush your phone Caches do this. First go into settings, storage, cached data. Touch on cached data and delete.
Next go under settings, applications, application manager, google play services, storage, manage storage, manage wearable storage. Then select clear now.

I also then uninstalled and reinstalled Android Wear. Once I repaired my watch I let it fully discharge so that it would not even attempt to turn on. Then charge it to 100%.

For me it fixed my battery drain issues. I am getting 2%-2.5% drain per hour with average use. I am off the charger at 7am and at 11pm when I put the watch on the charger for overnight it is usually around 65%.

Post what version of Google Play Services your watch shows, you may already have the update (I didn't and had to force the update).

Marius Florea

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site
Marius

What version does your watch say for Google Play Services? 9.4.52(530-127739847) is what I currently have.

To flush your phone Caches do this. First go into settings, storage, cached data. Touch on cached data and delete.
Next go under settings, applications, application manager, google play services, storage, manage storage, manage wearable storage. Then select clear now.

I also then uninstalled and reinstalled Android Wear. Once I repaired my watch I let it fully discharge so that it would not even attempt to turn on. Then charge it to 100%.

For me it fixed my battery drain issues. I am getting 2%-2.5% drain per hour with average use. I am off the charger at 7am and at 11pm when I put the watch on the charger for overnight it is usually around 65%.

Post what version of Google Play Services your watch shows, you may already have the update (I didn't and had to force the update).

I am on the same version of google play service.I have saw something on xda and it say to let the watch drain battery until get off and keep it off for few hours.Now my watch is off.I try this.If is not working i will try what you have did.Today my watch from 100% to screen off was last about 12hours.Thank you for info.

TremF

May 28, 2015
Visit site
What watch faces are people with good battery life using please?

I was using one called Real Weather Reborn which is fantastic with it's customisation BUT I dropped 50% battery in around 8hrs (overnight) with Cinema Mode on mostly - I played David Bowie's Lazarus music video a couple of times, I don't have a sim in but Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and GPS are on.

Until I get some feedback/advice here I have switched to one of LG's standard faces - Venus.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC