Email notifications on LGU2

evlarberryman

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
I've always been disappointed in the email notifications on android wear. I have my LGU2 paired with a Samsung Galaxy s6 active on AT&T. I've tried almost every android wear compatible email client and they all have their drawbacks. My biggest complaint is the card stack notification not allowing you to expand each email when multiple emails come in. Again, I'm referring to samsungs native email client.

Enter Microsoft Outlook for android (with recent updates). Wow, this is the best email and calendar experience I've seen on android wear. The phone app is OK, but Microsoft has created it's own watch face that embeds you calendar and shows you your number of u read emails and your upcoming appointments. Best of all, you can scroll through unread emails and read the entire message and reply from your watch. Finally my LGU2 is useful at work again. No more hidden content messages.

Posted via the Android Central App

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Gmail watch app actually let's you expand multiple emails. So is my HTC email app. However, the only thing I don't like HTC email app is it only allows me to reply, not delete. With current lack of keyboard on AW, reply on the watch is a poor choice. Delete is more useful.

MS Outlook app works great for me but it does not integrate well with phone's contact store and calendar store (no integration at all). The later makes the built-in Agenda app useless although you still get notification from outlook app.

Urbane_user

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
Enter Microsoft Outlook for android (with recent updates). Wow, this is the best email and calendar experience I've seen on android wear. The phone app is OK, but Microsoft has created it's own watch face that embeds you calendar and shows you your number of u read emails and your upcoming appointments. Best of all, you can scroll through unread emails and read the entire message and reply from your watch. Finally my LGU2 is useful at work again. No more hidden content.

Aye - 'tis good.

Thanks for the recommendation.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon