T-Mobile nano Sim

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Aren't the Android Wear watches with network connectivity use eSims (built into the board, not a separate removable chip)?

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I do stand corrected then. I have a G-watch R (only BT/wifi), and the Gear S2 classic (3g/4g - used e-sim as mentioned above), I've never seen a "3g/4g" Android wear in person. Figured they would all save the space for the bracket and mounting mechanisms and use e-sim :p But that's awesome to know when I need to upgrade.

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Samsung Gear S1 also uses nano SIM. The eSIM on Gear S2 is largely hated by many perspective customers because it will make unlock and switch carriers difficult.

tech_head

Q&A Team
Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
I can't just stick my T-Mobile nano Sim and go? Do I have to do anything special to it?

Also, there's no unlocked version?

Any nano-SIM and go. A wearable SIM will not work though. It needs to be a phone SIM.
I was using a Pre-Paid T-Mobile now I use a Truphone SIM.

All are unlocked.

ScottyKnox

Aug 9, 2016
Visit site
I tried an H2O prepaid sim. It worked for cell and text but not data. You need to get into the settings to change the APN settings on the watch to make data work, and you currently can not access that on the watch.

I now have it on T-Mobile as an extra phone line ($10 per month). The T-Mobile store tried to get me on the wearable plan ($5 per month), even had an engineer on the phone but he would not tried to load the watch as a Gear S2 which is the reported workaround to get on a mobile plan.

mdw1995

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
I tried an H2O prepaid sim. It worked for cell and text but not data. You need to get into the settings to change the APN settings on the watch to make data work, and you currently can not access that on the watch.

I now have it on T-Mobile as an extra phone line ($10 per month). The T-Mobile store tried to get me on the wearable plan ($5 per month), even had an engineer on the phone but he would not tried to load the watch as a Gear S2 which is the reported workaround to get on a mobile plan.
I also tried H20 but had the same issue. I've been using Truphone since January with no problems. I only activate the cell service 3 times a week when I run for an hour. Paying about $3-$4 a month.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc