Has Anyone Successfully Paired Bluetooth Headphones with Urbane 2nd

pactrim

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
I have the Urbane 2nd Edition and it is paired with an iPhone 6s.
I cannot find any settings for Bluetooth pairing. I am trying to pair a headset for phone calls but do not see where, any ideas?

Thanks,

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Settings->Devices will scan BT device for you to pair. Once your device shows up, tap on it will start pairing. However, don't expect to use it to take phone calls to your iPhone (or any other phone the watch is connected to). It is only good for taking phone calls to the watch itself.

pactrim

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
Foxbat, Thanks for replying.
I am only trying to take calls from the watch itself.
The problem is that I don't have settings > devices on the watch.

The only options under settings are:

Adjust brightness
Change watchface
Font Size
Gentures
Always on screen
Sound
Cellular
Accessibility
Screen lock
Permissions
Unpair with phone
Restart
Power off
About

I did notice that when I did the system update it asked if I wanted to use wifi, it then found available wifi networks and asked me to enter the password on my paired phone to join it so it looks like the functionality is there, just not easily accessible.
Any idea how to get to the Devices section from the options listed above?

Thanks,

scaots

May 29, 2010
Visit site
If you have music synched and attempt to play on the device, it will also ask if want to use the speaker or pair headphones, which takes you to the BT pairing if not already contacted.

pactrim

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
Scaots, I think you are probably right but I can't sync any music to the watch from Google Play as the iPhone Play Music app doesn't have the download to Android Wear option.
I'm pretty frustrated, can't use the phone aspect of the watch because without an earpiece I can't hear it and I can't listen to music because I can't sync music to it.
I don't even see a way to text out from the watch, every time I try it says no contacts found.

Any ideas?

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Did you not see these screens:

Attachments

• screen.png
    screen.png
    25.3 KB · Views: 42
  • screen 1.png
    screen 1.png
    28.8 KB · Views: 42
  • screen 2.png
    screen 2.png
    34.6 KB · Views: 42

pactrim

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
Foxbat, those options are not there on my watch.
I wonder if it is because I am paired with an iPhone.

The options under settings are:
Adjust brightness
Change watchface
Font Size
Gentures
Always on screen
Sound
Cellular
Accessibility
Screen lock
Permissions
Unpair with phone
Restart
Power off
About

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Have no idea how it looks like when paired with iPhone. I know it will be very limited in functionality. Did you have AW app installed on the iPhone?

sirrelevant

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
iOS-connected android wear watches do not have these options in the menu.

Wifi is only available to download system updates to the watch.

It may be that apple's restrictions legally prevent google from allowing these options, but it's also likely that it's because the current software makes them largely useless to iOS users. For example, (AFAIK) the only way to get music files onto the watch would be from a server, a not-user-friendly way to do things. No way to transfer music files from an iphone, which apparently is an apple restriction by design.

I assume wifi will be enabled for 2.0, but have not seen this addressed directly by google. Same with bt devices paired to the watch.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz