Google Fit data sync

Bart Childers

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site
I went for a run using just the LGWU2E this morning.

3.3 miles, ~5300 steps. Over the course of the past 3 hours - Google Fit - on the phone and website - and the watch - have reported 2000 steps, then 3000-odd steps, now 4800 steps.
The Google Fit on the watch still shows .3 miles.

Now - at 11am CST - watch step counter is showing 6700 steps which seems accurate. Watch Fit reports .9 miles - Fit online shows 1100 steps and .4 miles.

What a sh!tshow.

Welp - maybe AW2.0 and other Google Fit eco-system updates will fix this nonsense?

StimulatorCam

May 20, 2015
Visit site
I know others have had more success with Google Fit syncing, but I've decided to stick with the LG Health tracker for now as it really has no serious issues, and works for my needs at least.

Bart Childers

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site
I have tried the LG Health app on the watch and hated how it tried to 'coach' you to run at a certain pace. I just now found the "free" mode - that I hope just tracks whatever it is you are doing and leaves it at that. I'll try that. I just want to track my runs reasonably accurately - time, distance, pace, route - and sync all data to google fit within 30 minutes or so. Is that too much to ask?

I wish Garmin would make a cool AW device or Fitbit would release an AW app. Or - Nike building an AW app for their decent android app. GAH! Why is android/google fitness such a clusterf#ck?

StimulatorCam

May 20, 2015
Visit site
I always just use 'free' mode, never any harassment. The tracking seems good, although the actual distance is dependent on how good of a GPS signal you have, especially at the start of your activity. I always check the Wear GPS app before starting anything to verify I have a good reading.

Also, I sync it to the LG Health app on the phone as well, which seems to mesh up better than mixing LG with Google, but you can still sync to Google from there it looks like.

Bart Childers

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site
GAH! This is maddening.

I installed the LG Health app on my phone. Set it to sync with Google Fit. Then left my phone at my desk and did a lap around the office park here using just the LG Health app on the watch.
Seemed promising - it asked for permission to use the watch location and heart-rate sensors - and seemed to get a quick GPS fix. One quick .7 mile lap later, all seems OK. On the watch, the google fit step counters look like they incremented correctly. The LG Health data on the watch looks good.

I ran 3.3 miles at 6:00am CST - no phone - used Google Fit Activity app on the watch.
I walked .7 miles at 12:50pm CST - no phone - used LG Health app on the watch.

Now - 20 minutes later -The LG Health App on the phone shows *nothing*. Google Fit App on the phone shows incremented step and calories but no "walking" activity. The Google Fit website still show 1100 steps and .4 total distance as-of 1:10pm CST.

The only conclusion I can draw from all this is that Google Fit is treated as a very low priority side-project. Android Wear, as a platform, only gets slightly more resources and attention than Google Fit. This really crappy user experience, all around, is driving me into the arms of Apple - I hate to say.

KOOLWATER

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm dealing with the same issue!

I'm using no phone, just the watch. Walked 5.44 miles at 8:30 am this morning. STILL waiting on google fit to receive the full sync of that activity. Everything else is fine. Just when I do a specific activity it takes literally 12 - 24 hrs to sync.

miroul

Apr 13, 2016
Visit site
I run and bike a lot. The best combo i can suggest is using ghostracer and have it sync to Strava. From Strava, i sync with Endomondo and use Tapiirik (the free web sync app ) to transfer data between Endomondo and Garmin Connect.

I could use the Endomondo app only on my watch but i find it limited in the number of data fields it shows. Ghostracer is far more flexible in this regards.

I used to have Garmin watches before and also started running a few years ago using Endomondo on my phone. My data is split between the 2 main sites. I could drop one or the other but i am still hoping that Garmin will release an Android Wear watch one day and if they do, i might switch back to them as i find their product superior for serious training.

mdw1995

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
I run and bike a lot. The best combo i can suggest is using ghostracer and have it sync to Strava. From Strava, i sync with Endomondo and use Tapiirik (the free web sync app ) to transfer data between Endomondo and Garmin Connect.

I could use the Endomondo app only on my watch but i find it limited in the number of data fields it shows. Ghostracer is far more flexible in this regards.

I used to have Garmin watches before and also started running a few years ago using Endomondo on my phone. My data is split between the 2 main sites. I could drop one or the other but i am still hoping that Garmin will release an Android Wear watch one day and if they do, i might switch back to them as i find their product superior for serious training.
Ever try SyncMyTracks app? I also use ghostracer and sync to Strava then use SyncMyTracks to sync to several other platforms. It has Garmin, runkeeper, runtastic, endomondo and several others.

Bart Childers

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site
Really? Using a 3rd party app to sync data collected from another 3rd party app to a coterie of other apps all because the basic platform can't collect, sync, and store the data in the first place?

Very disappointing.

mdw1995

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
Really? Using a 3rd party app to sync data collected from another 3rd party app to a coterie of other apps all because the basic platform can't collect, sync, and store the data in the first place?

Very disappointing.
Yes for me the 3rd party app (ghostracer) is more customisable on Wear and works better for tracking runs. One tap syncs to Strava, one tap on SyncMyTracks syncs to 5 other platforms (or more). Not too difficult once setup. I never found Fit to be that great and have never used LG. The other platforms have more of an active community which I prefer.

StimulatorCam

May 20, 2015
Visit site
because the basic platform can't collect, sync, and store the data in the first place?

Well that's not true at all. The LG Health platform works perfectly well to do all of that.
Just because some people don't like it or prefer others doesn't mean the one that comes with the watch is bad or doesn't work.

Bart Childers

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site
Well that's not true at all. The LG Health platform works perfectly well to do all of that.
Just because some people don't like it or prefer others doesn't mean the one that comes with the watch is bad or doesn't work.

A fair point but I doubt I'll be using an LG watch say, 18 months from now. I want to use a manufacturer-agnostic health & fitness platform.

jchwila

Dec 10, 2016
Visit site
I've tried to use LG Health. But it's not syncing steps with watch. I've the app installed on S7 edge. It shows W200 as accesory under settings. Can sync activity once started on watch stand alone mode, syncs stress measurements but there is no way I can sync steps collected by watch itself. Anyway the steps are syncronised on Google Fit. Come on LG... :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21