New Urbane 2 LTE with iOS Battery Issues

Greekbull

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
OK first of all love this watch! I'm a big iPhone guy but don't like it Apple Watch. This one completely meets my needs if I can get the battery life working well. Right now I'm getting terrible battery life. I'm losing 13-15%/hour.

Any suggestions would be great. Currently using it with an iPhone 6 plus while I wait for my new iPhone 7 plus. Settings with the phone :

-LTE is enabled(actually allows me to answer calls and texts from my phone with numbersync)
-Numbersync is on
-Turned off email notifications
-Turned off tilt on
-Brightness is at 2
-Always on screen is set to off
-Location is on
-using Android wear version 1.50.2922984
-Google play services 8.7.01
-Android OS 6.01

Any suggestions? I would love to get this thing to last me through the day. If I can do that I'll be completely happy with this. Other otherwise I may be forced to return it to AT&T within my 14day return period(which I really don't want to do!)

Thanks!

Greekbull

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
With 15% drain/hour you should expect to see about 6 hours of use. Because it's an LTE model that's probably why the battery drain is so high, at least compared to other wearables without it. Here's an older thread talking about battery life, hopefully it helps: http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...4-lg-urbane-2-lte-fantastic-battery-life.html

Thanks for the reply. Yeah could be the culprit. Really hoping I didn't need to turn off LTE as that's what really makes this so functional with the iPhone.

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I'd call that normal battery life, nothing to do with iOS.

#1 battery drain is cell radio. The watch cell reception is not as good as phones due to its design. So, unless you are in an area with 5 bars of signal all the time, 10 to 20% per hour drain is quite normal in subpar reception areas. YMMV. But don't expect any other watches with a cell radio can do any better. That's why Apple hasn't bother to add cell radio in Apple watch 2.

On top of that NumberSync alone is another major battery drainer. We have dedicated thread about that already.

If you turn both off, your battery can easily last two days without turn any other stuff off like you mentioned in OP. Those other changes only amount to very small battery consumption changes.

Greekbull

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Looks like numbersync and maybe a refresh were the issue. I reset my phone last night, got rid of Numbersync and left notifications and LTE on throughout the day today and was still at 70% battery at the end of the day...very very pleased. Was able to side load in Facer, Watch Maker all the faces I like plus a bunch of apps from the Google Play store using an Android emulator and push them over. This is actually a great phone to use with the iPhone. I get all my notifications and I can still make calls and texts which the apple phone can't do. Got a leather LG band on the way too.

Thanks for the replies. Think I'm going to be very happy with this watch!

glenner05

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
Looks like numbersync and maybe a refresh were the issue. I reset my phone last night, got rid of Numbersync and left notifications and LTE on throughout the day today and was still at 70% battery at the end of the day...very very pleased. Was able to side load in Facer, Watch Maker all the faces I like plus a bunch of apps from the Google Play store using an Android emulator and push them over. This is actually a great phone to use with the iPhone. I get all my notifications and I can still make calls and texts which the apple phone can't do. Got a leather LG band on the way too.

Thanks for the replies. Think I'm going to be very happy with this watch!

How do you do this exactly side loading apps using android emulator?

I used this watch for months with a samsung s7 without any battery drain problems. However I recently got an iPhone 6s Plus running iOS 10. I ran into the same battery problems as you. Heavy battery drain, but it started after a week or two using the iPhone. I factory reset the watch and paired it again, and problem seemed to be solved. However couple of days later battery started draining again. I don't use number sync so I don't think that's the cause. I think its firmware related because I didn't had the issue connected to android.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz