Update to MFD18P?

xendula

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
My watch is asking me to charge my battery to at least 40% to install the above update. Since my watch is perfect as it is, I am a bit scared to charge it now. Has anyone installed this update and what changes did you see?

johcos

Oct 5, 2016
Visit site
The update hasn't showed on my watch but judging from the build number it's probably a minor update, updating the Android security patch level. I would update normally

evlarberryman

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
I got the notice yesterday evening and updated. I'm on ATT. No noticeable difference other than slightly less battery life today. Anyone know what this update featured? Was it LG, Google or ATT focused?

xendula

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
No noticeable difference other than slightly less battery life today.
Not liking the sound of this!

One of the previous updates took away the caller ID feature where I could see on my watch who was calling me... So I have been iffy about updates ever since then.

mdw1995

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site

mdw1995

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
Hi!
Any negative observations after the update? Shorter battery life?
I haven't noticed. I took the watch off the charger 13 hours ago. It was in theatre mode for a few hours and in 'regular' mode for 9 hours. I'm sitting at 75% battery. I'll be tracking a 30-40 minute run in about an hour with the usual GPS, bluetooth music etc. I'll check again after that and see how it's doing.

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
This version is not that recent. I have it for a while. In addition to security update, it fixed wifi can't be permanently turned off bug. Battery life seems unaffected. But check out the thread about heart rate constantly checking. Not sure if that is caused by this update.

mdw1995

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
MFD18P was released by Google on October 20th according to AT&T. MFD18L was released back in July. I think that's when the heart rate monitor issues started for some.

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I looked at mine and it is already on MFD18P and I didn't remember ever being asked to upgrade recently. And I'm out of country during the week of Oct 20.

mdw1995

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
Hi!
Any negative observations after the update? Shorter battery life?
After 4 hours in theatre mode and 12 hours in regular mode, including a 35 minute GPS run with music and calls forwarded to the watch while paired through cell data, I'm at 43% battery. Had a 17% drop during the run. Also had one brief phone call on the watch after the run.

xendula

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
After 4 hours in theatre mode and 12 hours in regular mode, including a 35 minute GPS run with music and calls forwarded to the watch while paired through cell data, I'm at 43% battery. Had a 17% drop during the run. Also had one brief phone call on the watch after the run.

Nice, thanks!

Weird thing is, I did charge my watch, but it is still telling me to charge it so I can install the update. Oh well, it will happen when it happens - I won't go out of my way to install it ;)

scaots

May 29, 2010
Visit site
Just checked and mine is updated on its own at some point. The last update notified me it was available and installed overnight on its own without my ok as well. I'm not sure how long it's been on my watch but I have noticed nothing different.

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
security patches are small and mostly harmless. They don't introduce new features. My phone (HTC One M9) now receives monthly patches since summer. So I expect this same thing will happen to our watches.

When I landed in Chicago O'Hare Airport this past Sunday from an oversea trip, my watch mysteriously rebooted during the short time when I passed through the TSA check point while the watch went through X-ray machine. That must be the time it updated itself.

scaots

May 29, 2010
Visit site
One thing I have noticed a few times in the past couple days is the screen going to sleep (off). I have always on set and not wake on motion. In the past it only goes off if I leave it set on a table or charging there. No big deal, just tap or button to wake. Maybe I just need to be more active!

miroul

Apr 13, 2016
Visit site
Mine does that too. Only when i set it on a table in which case, i don't really care and actually like that since i am not looking at the watch anyways (saves ressources..)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2