NFC on LGU2?

evlarberryman

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
Does anyone know if our LGU2's have a Near Field Communications sensor? LG does not list this on their specs, but I've read opinions otherwise. It would be useful with AW2.0 and Android Pay.

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
FCC doc clearly indicate it has the NFC. It wasn't mentioned in the spec because it wasn't useful back then. However, be prepared that you need lock the watch and unlock it every time you use it. The new LG watch has IR sensor to detect if you are still wearing the watch to avoid unnecessary unlocking.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
FCC doc clearly indicate it has the NFC. It wasn't mentioned in the spec because it wasn't useful back then. However, be prepared that you need lock the watch and unlock it every time you use it. The new LG watch has IR sensor to detect if you are still wearing the watch to avoid unnecessary unlocking.
Really? Are you sure our watch doesn't have that as well? On the developer preview, my watch can now tell when I'm wearing the watch and when I'm not. Never have to unlock it unless I take it off, and then it immediately locks. It never worked correctly before preview 4 though.

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
It never mentioned it has IR. But it could use heart rate sensor to do so. But doing so is actually annoying (strobing light at mid night) and waste a lot of battery. We will see when the AW2.0 finally comes out.

Another thing is that we don't know if the crown on our watch can actually rotate anything in AW2.0.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I don't think it can. It doesn't seem like it's hooked up to anything. I haven't had any issues with strobing light or battery life. It just works exactly as it's supposed to.

evlarberryman

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
It never mentioned it has IR. But it could use heart rate sensor to do so. But doing so is actually annoying (strobing light at mid night) and waste a lot of battery. We will see when the AW2.0 finally comes out.

Another thing is that we don't know if the crown on our watch can actually rotate anything in AW2.0.

Crown rotating on the LGU2,? That's an interesting suggestion, Foxbat. I hadn't considered that it may do so by design.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey