Questions before I buy the watch???

mattress74

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I am looking to purchase this watch but I have a couple questions.. I REALLY want the LG Urbane LTE version but with no date in sight I guess I will settle for this version.

1) I have a Galaxy Note 2 and it connects to my car Bluetooth so that I can take calls while driving. With this watch connected to the phone will the phone still connect to my car? Both watch and car connected to the phone and working at the same time?

2) Say I don't have my phone and I have the watch connected to wifi.. I assume I will not get call notifications? What about text messages?

Thank you for any help!

reycat

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
1) Yes, you can have several BT devices connected at once. I use my headset and my watch with my phone everyday.

2) As long as your phone is connected to the Internet (mobile data, other wifi network...) you will receive the notifications.

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Also, will the LTE device work with your Samsung device. From what I can see, the OS is for LG phones only just like the Gear S is to Samsung devices.

For me, I did not like to be chained to a Samsung device with my Gear series.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
1) Yes, you can have several BT devices connected at once. I use my headset and my watch with my phone everyday.

2) As long as your phone is connected to the Internet (mobile data, other wifi network...) you will receive the notifications.

So long as you enable Cloud Sync in the Android Wear app...

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Btw, some additional thoughts to ponder about the Urbane LTE watch based on my own experience with the Gear S:

The idea behind the Gear S was cool but it required a separate data plan and phone number. Essentially, you are forwarding your phone to the Gear S. For some callers, they hang up the phone after so many rings or start to wonder why they are not getting voice mail after so many rings. With the Gear S, the call comes through on your phone and then gets forwarded to the watch which then goes into voicemail.

Also, with the text feature, there is a latency between when the text goes to your phone and when it gets transferred to your watch. Sometimes the latency is frustrating as I would look at my watch expecting it to show any moment and then I would have to pull my phone out to see the message.

mattress74

May 27, 2010
Visit site
According to Verizon.. to add the watch would be $5 a month. At that point does the watch not have its own phone number (the LTE version)? If you dial or text that number it should fix that delay? I know you can still forward calls/text from your phone and they would still be delayed. My thoughts would be I would not need my phone all the time and I could still get text/calls if needed. I miss calls and text all the time with my hone in my pocket because I do not hear them. I was thinking the watch might fix that problem..

Is the Urbane LTE coming soon? I could not find a date anywhere..

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
According to Verizon.. to add the watch would be $5 a month. At that point does the watch not have its own phone number (the LTE version)? If you dial or text that number it should fix that delay? I know you can still forward calls/text from your phone and they would still be delayed. My thoughts would be I would not need my phone all the time and I could still get text/calls if needed. I miss calls and text all the time with my hone in my pocket because I do not hear them. I was thinking the watch might fix that problem..

Is the Urbane LTE coming soon? I could not find a date anywhere..

Yes, it would be $5 per month and would come with another phone number. If you call the watch number directly, it would immediately ring on the watch and not the phone.

When I had it, I did like the convenience by being able to leave my phone behind. I really did not use that very often because when I was at the gym or other locations, I wanted to use my apps that were not on the watch.

mattress74

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I purchased the watch today and I now have even more questions...
When I get a text message it pops up on the watch fine.. Is there a way to reply to that message or do you just dismiss it and send another text...

Is there a way to remove apps from the watch that got loaded on initial sync? My phone has iheart Radio and it loaded on the watch but I will not ever need it on the watch..

I am having problems keeping Bluetooth connection and wifi connection.. I would really like to know what all the watch will do on wifi connection so I know it is working correctly..

robertopod1968

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Also, will the LTE device work with your Samsung device. From what I can see, the OS is for LG phones only just like the Gear S is to Samsung devices.

For me, I did not like to be chained to a Samsung device with my Gear series.
The Urbane will work with any brand of android phone. As long as it has a new enough version of android. I'm not sure what that minimum certain number is for sure.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois