Flickering portion of screen

eprklims

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Hi
Tonight I wore my Urbane watch to the theatre and put it in 'theatre' mode... when I pressed the button to get it out of theatre mode the screen started flickering at the top 1cm and then the whole bottom half really brightly and alternating back and forth - mostly at the top. At first I thought maybe I broke the screen but I didn't remember hitting it and there is no obvious crack or anything. I couldn't get it to stop until I hit the button again. The screen wasn't responding to touch very well (another sign I thought it was busted) but finally I was able to do a 'reset' and it came up and I turned theatre mode off and it doesn't seem to be happening any more.

Has anyone had this happen to them?
I'll play with it more tomorrow to see if it happens again (hopefully not!)
I'm hoping it's a software thing instead of something busted inside or something.

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Hi
Tonight I wore my Urbane watch to the theatre and put it in 'theatre' mode... when I pressed the button to get it out of theatre mode the screen started flickering at the top 1cm and then the whole bottom half really brightly and alternating back and forth - mostly at the top. At first I thought maybe I broke the screen but I didn't remember hitting it and there is no obvious crack or anything. I couldn't get it to stop until I hit the button again. The screen wasn't responding to touch very well (another sign I thought it was busted) but finally I was able to do a 'reset' and it came up and I turned theatre mode off and it doesn't seem to be happening any more.

I'm hoping it's a software thing instead of something busted inside or something.

There are similar threads in the LG Watch R section. Since the display is the same, you might check there.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
If you are using a third-party watchface I suggest you start by switching back to one of the stock faces and see if the problem persists. Also check the user comments for your third-party watchface.

Same thing if you are using a "launcher" on your watch; disable it and also check user comments.

eprklims

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Thx JimSmith and newbie. I haven't had it happen since. I'm using watch maker pro with a custom face so perhaps that is the reason.

Posted via the Android Central App

robinhelenehebert

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi

Just happened to me

Posted via the Android Central App

Buddy1969

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Same here. The problem occurs after charging. But I think found out a way to prevent it from happening. If I put the watch into theatre mode before putting it on the charger, and then after charging taking it off the charger before turning on the display again, the flickering is not happening. But whenever I the display is on during charging, the watch flickers after I take it off the charger.

Strange. Anyone having Infos if this is a hard- or software related thing and if I need to replace the piece?
TIA

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12