working out with urbane

hnguyen

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Have anyone use this watch during their workout?

I'm wondering how this watch would hold up on a 5 mile run.

Posted via the Android Central App

stronggeek

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Other than when I go to sleep I wear mine the entire day so it doesn't even come off for workouts. And that includes (both cardio and lifting). The only time I find it cumbersome is when I execute almost any type of pushup. It's one of few minor gripes for me. The HR monitor issue is another story. And just like most other watches I'm able to wear it over medium to long distances or throughout almost any other form of cardio (though YMMV).

And it still looks and works like new!

Caveat: Above was my response regarding comfort and durability, but the HR monitor is not accurate for me. Hope this helps!

hnguyen

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. That's exactly what I wanted to hear. Wrist base hrm is rarely accurate.

How is the stock band holding up with your workouts?

Also, what's your battery life like? What's the percentage when you take it off?

stronggeek

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. That's exactly what I wanted to hear. Wrist base hrm is rarely accurate.

How is the stock band holding up with your workouts?

Also, what's your battery life like? What's the percentage when you take it off?

You're welcome.

The stock band is holding up very well. It's also much more comfortable since I've broken it in. I'm probably one of few who like the look of the stock band and now finally the feel. To me it's like the ruggedness of the band meets the luxurious beauty of the watch itself. :) And although I've worked out in dressier watches in the past the ones with steel bands often screen "Hey look! I'm a dress watch but I can work out with you too." to me. LOLS as it still does this to a certain extent because of the actual watch, but this band somehow takes the edge off a bit. It's a very appealing combination. I personally don't want the whole deal "blinged" up. Someone at LG did their homework as far as I'm concerned!

Battery life for me is very good, but not great. Now one caveat with my take on this... is that this is my first smartwatch. So I really don't have the frame of reference that previous owners/users would have. Those in the know inform me that this watch actually has incredible battery life for Android Wear. With that said I can take it off the hook at 5:00am, work, lift, work some more, do cardio & then dinner (giving you an idea of what I'm putting it through) and still have between 10 and 15 percent left at 8pm. I have ambient/dim mode on, 10 second timeout and wifi off. Now this is without me playing with it all day and a few demos when folks have questions. I believe I could squeeze out much more with ambient mode off.

Hope this helps!

hnguyen

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Stronggeek,

Thanks. You inspired me to pick the Urbane up during my lunch at work.

When I got home I immediately went for a workout. Warmed up for about 10 mins, then went for a 3 mile run. After I did 30 burpees and a 5 min cool down run.

The watch held up fine. I sweat a ton and it didn't seem to affect the watch strap at all. The hrm was usless. It says my HR was 112 bpm. I average 148 bpm with my chest strap. But it works fine when you're sitting still. It's definitely not made to use during a workout.

I use endomondo to track my runs and that seems to drain the battery pretty fast. A 30 min run would drain about 8-10 percent which isn't bad. And I can see this watch can last me the whole day. 6am - 10pm this includes a 9 hour work schedule, 1 hour workout, and the remaining day walking around the house or running errands and playing with my kids.

I turned off WiFi, disable always on screen, and disabled gestures. The watch drains 1-2 percent and hour depending the number of notifications I get. But all of this is speculative given the 6 hours I've played with it. I'll give it 3 full days to see if I'm right about lasting more than a full day.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith