Anyone found a desktop stand for this watch and charger?

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Somebody modified an iWatch stand to hold the charger, and has a video of it on YouTube. Another guy plugged the charger into a desk dock. That's what I do. Even though the watch sits sideways, at least it's easier with my metal watchband.

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
What desk dock are you referring to?

I used an old generic desk dock with a micro USB plug that I had laying around. I just plugged the female jack of the charger into the male plug on the dock and it works well. The only thing that's not perfect about it is that the watch sits sideways and the time on the charging display doesn't rotate.

frope01

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Don't know why I just thought of this. I've had this Motorola stand for awhile now. It can hold tablets and phones. There are flip down feet for smaller devices such as the watch or a phone. It works great to keep the watch off the desk while charging with no modifications. The flip down feet cradle it perfectly. The stand is $14.99 on Amazon. The link and a few pics below.

Motorola Universal Flip Stand Mount for Smartphones - Retail Packaging by Motorola http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008QVQYS2...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4556729

uploadfromtaptalk1437053782438.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1437053845494.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1437053863136.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1437053875972.jpg

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Don't know why I just thought of this. I've had this Motorola stand for awhile now. It can hold tablets and phones. There are flip down feet for smaller devices such as the watch or a phone. It works great to keep the watch off the desk while charging with no modifications. The flip down feet cradle it perfectly.

Is the Motorola stand holding the charger and watch pretty securely even with the charging cable sticking out of the side like that?

Thanks!

frope01

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Is the Motorola stand holding the charger and watch pretty securely even with the charging cable sticking out of the side like that?

Thanks!
Yes it is surprisingly steady just like that. My initial thought was to put a small patch of velcro on to keep it still. I don't need to, but that would make it super secure if you choose. I think you would need the velcro or something if you ran the usb cable through the rear of the stand, (which does look better) because the cable is stiff and keeps the puck from sitting perfectly on the stand.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Yes it is surprisingly steady just like that. My initial thought was to put a small patch of velcro on to keep it still. I don't need to, but that would make it super secure if you choose.

Just ordered what appears to be the last one from the Prime seller. Thanks for the tip! Was worried about spilling something on the desk and having it get on the watch charger.

Thanks!!!!

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Don't know why I just thought of this. I've had this Motorola stand for awhile now. It can hold tablets and phones. There are flip down feet for smaller devices such as the watch or a phone. It works great to keep the watch off the desk while charging with no modifications. The flip down feet cradle it perfectly.

That looks nice, but it looks it won't work with a metal watchband.

Penguwin

VR Expert
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
I've been using some Kickstarter purchased stands, the FirstStand.

11874a21006fca24588bcb6dc5175d21.jpg

They have worked beautifully for me and even work with metal watch bands. Sadly tho, I'm not sure if they are even selling these now that the Kickstarter has been over for some time :( .

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I got the Motorola stand and it's about the best solution I've found for the open watch band (OEM leather for example). The charging plate should really be attached to the stand itself but, so far, I am having trouble finding something that isn't permanent (like glue). Will work on it.