Watch Screen Not Centered?

Dankees

Trusted Member
Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
So, I just opened my LG Watch Urbane, and I started to make some fancy watch faces, and I am noticing that it appears as if the screen is not displaying my watch faces completely centered. The images I am creating are centered on my computer, and they are centered in both watch face applications (on my computer and phone) I am using, Facer Maker and Mr. Time Maker.

The faces seem to be shifted slightly upward and to the right...?

I've attached two photos of one of the faces on my watch to give a look at what I am talking about.

Has something like this been reported? (I've also noticed that it happened with other faces, including stock ones.)

Is there something I can/need to re-calibrate?

20161228_100311.jpg
20161228_100334.jpg

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Does it stay like that, or does it move around subtly intermittently? If your watch screen is set to Always On, this might be a way to prevent screen burn-in.

Dankees

Trusted Member
Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
That's an interesting hypothesis. I wish it were correct. I don't have it set to "Always On," however, because I would like to have great battery life. The screen is basically off the entire day.

And, no, it doesn't move around, it always appears shifted slightly upward and to the right.

Can you see it in my photos?

Does anyone else experience this?

It even happens with stock watch faces.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I do see what you're talking about, but unfortunately I don't have a good answer for that. Let's see if anyone else with the same watch has seen the same thing.

Dankees

Trusted Member
Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I've e-mailed LG. I would like to see what they say. I'm thinking of doing a factory reset (just in case).

Also, I have a tempered glass screen protector on it. That might give it this illusion, but I doubt it because it's uniformly round and placed in the center.

muiriddin

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Can others please weigh in on this?

Can you please post your own photos of your own watches, please?
When it is set to always on, it has two modes...

Fully lit,
42dc9f387aa2d076ffa7bfa2bdffe99e.jpg

Or less so,
5d3df15150ec2cb57e68afd2135c54ab.jpg

When in the second mode the face is shrunk slightly and it drifts around just a bit...

Dankees

Trusted Member
Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Thank you. It's a bit hard to see. Can you post watch faces that aren't black. It's very hard to see the contrast.

Dankees

Trusted Member
Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I think the issue was it moved to reduce screen burn in, but it never moved back, and it just remained in the wrong spot.

Has anyone else ever heard of this problem?

(I've since replaced it.)