Rooted phone not showing as a rooted device ubuntu
Running ubuntu 12. something something, sorry two os on one device using the other one. Have what should be a rooted android phone. I run adb, adb devices and the device is shown, now adb shell and I geta $ sign instead of a pound (#) sign which means I have root access to the device. Does this mean I have a rooted rom and not a rooted device?
- 05-10-2013, 07:38 PM #2
- 174 Posts
The only thing that ever gets rooted is the ROM. You can't root hardware, only the Linux kernel, which is software and part of your ROM.
When you start ADB shell, it's supposed to dump you into the user shell. To get root access, just use su after you start the shell.
- 12-10-2013, 03:04 AM #3
- By Stoney Mason in forum Verizon HTC RezoundReplies: 2Last Post: 09-19-2012, 01:28 PM
- By yenrab26 in forum AT&T Galaxy S IIReplies: 1Last Post: 11-11-2011, 12:32 PM
- By Yaish in forum Motorola Droid Rooting, ROMs and HacksReplies: 6Last Post: 08-25-2011, 01:43 AM
- By sandoff in forum Verizon HTC ThunderboltReplies: 1Last Post: 03-17-2011, 09:41 PM
- By colestein in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 4Last Post: 11-03-2010, 11:04 AM