- 3 Posts
Linux Problem to connect to Wifi
Hello guys, I just recently installed ubuntu 12.04 on my laptop. The trouble which I am experiencing in ubuntu is, it really keeps on logging out on the wifi network. When I used Win7 I don't experience the connection timeout. So what do you think is the problem?
Thanks for your inputs.
- 11-11-2013, 09:44 PM #2
- 41 Posts
Re: Linux Problem to connect to Wifi
Check out installing ndiswrapper. It is a driver which allows you to use windows drivers. This will allow you to use the specific wifi driver for your computer. Ubuntu wifi drivers are open source and generic. They can cause a lot of problems. Install ndiswrapper and your specific driver and you should be good. Post back if you need help. NOTE: I have installed ndiswrapper but I have never needed to use it.
sent from my Verizon Galaxy Nexus
- 07-01-2016, 03:21 PM #3
- By Rule9 in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 33Last Post: 11-14-2013, 03:34 PM
- By brendu in forum Barnes & Noble Nook ColorReplies: 9Last Post: 11-12-2013, 12:32 PM
- By Hamimah Ali in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1Replies: 1Last Post: 11-08-2013, 10:15 AM
- By Stvpagn in forum Verizon Galaxy S3 Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 2Last Post: 11-08-2013, 02:34 AM
- By queenren in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 0Last Post: 11-07-2013, 08:31 PM