Natty is out

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Anyone upgrade yet? Or were all of you on the Beta beforehand? :)

I'll probably install onto a fresh partition over the weekend, upgrading is a good excuse to start fresh and get rid of all the package clutter that builds up.

This may be the unofficial mascot for the next six months.

bjordan

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I set up a torrent download for it yesterday. Mainly to help seed and distribute it. I'm currently on 10.04 (LTS) still. I'll probably try out the 11.04 live CD just to test it out but I doubt I'll upgrade yet. I like doing a fresh install.

I'll probably get a new laptop within the next few months. I'll probably install 11.04 then unless I decided to use Fedora 15. It's a bit of a toss up right now. I definitely want to check 11.04 out though.

This may be the unofficial mascot for the next six months.

LOL .. That's awesome

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
My servers will be on 10.04 until the next LTS comes out unless there's something very special coming up. My desktop and laptop I tend to keep up-to-date. I tried out Natty on a spare partition and my touchscreen driver didn't work - I'll let them work out the kinks for a few weeks. I'm decidedly "meh" about the Unity interface. I can probably get used to it, but it seems to take up so much room on the left... On the plus side, my wireless interface just worked - I used to need an external driver. It's my desktop so I'm wired, but it's a good thing for those who aren't.

Still, I may fresh-install Xubuntu Natty on my laptop this weekend if I get bored.

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I upgraded my desktop from 10.10 to it, and its fine so far. Everything works great, except for unity because my POS PC cant handle it haha. Nothing noticeably different that really stands out due to no unity for me, so its kind of meh.
The servers are getting hammered though, i started the upgrade at 9PM and it finished right around 8AM, i dont have a bad connection either.

Gonna see about installing it on my fresh new CR-48 for kicks also :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac