Amazon appstore apps showing up in Android Market?

callofduty4

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Anybody know how to stop the android market from recognizing amazon appstore apps? I hate having to see them in my downloads list

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm assuming your rooted go to your list of apps in titanium backup, long press the app/apps that you downloaded for free from Amazon and click detach from market. This will break the market link so you'll stop getting the update notifications as it will only be linked with your Amazon account. This shold fix it.

gun26

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
After I installed the new version of Android Market, this has started happening to me as well. Paid apps that came from Amazon (as free Apps of the Day) are showing as updatable apps in the new Android Market. Actually attempting the update fails, as it should because I didn't pay for them through the Android Market/Google Checkout process.

Titatium Backup is no help here, In fact the Attach to Market (Forced) / Detach From Market toggle on the long press menu seems to be ineffective. It always shows Attach. Maybe what's needed is an update to Titanium to accommodate whatever API changed in the new Market.

rednocturne307

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I've actually been having the reverse problem. Apps I purchased in the Android Market are showing up in the Amazon App Store as updatable apps. I checked the version number of each app and they were all older versions of the apps, presumably since the Amazon App Store seems to get updates a little slower. I haven't tried "updating" anything because, well, it would be a downgrade.

Edit: I'm not rooted.

Last edited:

bosoxyear

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I am having this problem as well. Tried everything. I got Wave Launcher as the free app of the day and love it. Wanted to support the developer and purchase in the Market but can't. Detaching, uninstalling, even removing the Amazon Market didn't work. Get download declined every time.

Any ideas?

violent23

Banned
Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
I too have this problem. But a bigger issue is if I want to purchase an app that I got from Amazon on the Android Market, it shows as purchased. Any app I have purchased from Amazon is now not able to be purchased from Android Market. How do we fix this?

violent23

Banned
Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Here is an update on this issue.

Code:
Thanks for writing in and for your patience while I've been taking over
your case for Jay. We're aware that some users are seeing apps as
"Purchased" in Android Market that they've bought somewhere else, and
we're presently investigating this issue. I will update you as soon as we
have more information. I may be requesting further information about the
circumstances of this issue, and I really appreciate your continued
patience and cooperation in resolving this situation. If you have any
further questions, please let me know. 

Regards,

Lynn
The Android Market Team

So basically Google knows about this and is working on it. Really this all could be solved if Google allowed us to delete apps from our own accounts. This option should have existed in the first place as I have apps in my account that only work on eclair. I really doubt I will need them ever again.

Last edited:

one80oneday

Jan 25, 2011
twitter.com
My market is showing no apps for the past two weeks no matter which device I use. I've tried everything from clearing data/cache, uninstalling updates to flashing different ROMs, nothing works for either paid or free apps...

Azaurath

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I installed an old version of the Market (2.2.11) I had and now my Amazon apps don't show up as purchased. I was able to buy one that I had previously got from Amazon.

Takenover83

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I installed an old version of the Market (2.2.11) I had and now my Amazon apps don't show up as purchased. I was able to buy one that I had previously got from Amazon.

Thank you for this post. I was having the problem where apps where showing purchased on Android Market (even though they had not been purchased via Android Market), thanks to Titanium Backup. Using a old market, allowed me to actually purchase the apps on Android Market. 10c deal they are having is just crazy to pass up!

https://market.android.com/details?id=apps_timed_promotion