Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By yodatom10
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Amazon appstore apps showing up in Android Market?

Anybody know how to stop the android market from recognizing amazon appstore apps? I hate having to see them in my downloads list

Global Posts
    2,047 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Amazon appstore apps showing up in Android Market?

I'm assuming your rooted go to your list of apps in titanium backup, long press the app/apps that you downloaded for free from Amazon and click detach from market. This will break the market link so you'll stop getting the update notifications as it will only be linked with your Amazon account. This shold fix it.
    Thanked by 3:
    pank likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

When I long press all I see is attach to market

Global Posts
    2,047 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by callofduty4 View Post
    When I long press all I see is attach to market
    Even on the apps you got from Amazon
    I'm a android know it all with too much time on my hands
    If I've helped you make sure to hit that thanks button

After I installed the new version of Android Market, this has started happening to me as well. Paid apps that came from Amazon (as free Apps of the Day) are showing as updatable apps in the new Android Market. Actually attempting the update fails, as it should because I didn't pay for them through the Android Market/Google Checkout process.

Titatium Backup is no help here, In fact the Attach to Market (Forced) / Detach From Market toggle on the long press menu seems to be ineffective. It always shows Attach. Maybe what's needed is an update to Titanium to accommodate whatever API changed in the new Market.

I've actually been having the reverse problem. Apps I purchased in the Android Market are showing up in the Amazon App Store as updatable apps. I checked the version number of each app and they were all older versions of the apps, presumably since the Amazon App Store seems to get updates a little slower. I haven't tried "updating" anything because, well, it would be a downgrade.

Edit: I'm not rooted.
    Last edited by prjio307; 07-17-2011 at 11:24 AM. Reason: Adding Information

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

I am having this problem as well. Tried everything. I got Wave Launcher as the free app of the day and love it. Wanted to support the developer and purchase in the Market but can't. Detaching, uninstalling, even removing the Amazon Market didn't work. Get download declined every time.

Any ideas?

ROM
    Sabsa Prime ICS

In hindsight, this may be one of the reasons AT&T originally only allowed Market apps.
    Banned

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

I too have this problem. But a bigger issue is if I want to purchase an app that I got from Amazon on the Android Market, it shows as purchased. Any app I have purchased from Amazon is now not able to be purchased from Android Market. How do we fix this?
    Banned

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

Here is an update on this issue.

Code:
    Thanks for writing in and for your patience while I've been taking over
    your case for Jay. We're aware that some users are seeing apps as
    "Purchased" in Android Market that they've bought somewhere else, and
    we're presently investigating this issue. I will update you as soon as we
    have more information. I may be requesting further information about the
    circumstances of this issue, and I really appreciate your continued
    patience and cooperation in resolving this situation. If you have any
    further questions, please let me know. 

Regards,

Lynn
    The Android Market Team
    So basically Google knows about this and is working on it. Really this all could be solved if Google allowed us to delete apps from our own accounts. This option should have existed in the first place as I have apps in my account that only work on eclair. I really doubt I will need them ever again.
    Last edited by violent23; 11-28-2011 at 03:57 PM.

My market is showing no apps for the past two weeks no matter which device I use. I've tried everything from clearing data/cache, uninstalling updates to flashing different ROMs, nothing works for either paid or free apps...
    Google+ Devices: HTC Mogul, Touch, TP, TP2, Samsung Moment & Intercept, Motorola Triumph, LG Optimus V & Slider, Nook, Iconia Tab, HTC Sensation

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    ROM
    Alphaluulz CM9

I installed an old version of the Market (2.2.11) I had and now my Amazon apps don't show up as purchased. I was able to buy one that I had previously got from Amazon.

Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    ROM
    Changes to Often

Quote Originally Posted by Azaurath View Post
    I installed an old version of the Market (2.2.11) I had and now my Amazon apps don't show up as purchased. I was able to buy one that I had previously got from Amazon.
    Thank you for this post. I was having the problem where apps where showing purchased on Android Market (even though they had not been purchased via Android Market), thanks to Titanium Backup. Using a old market, allowed me to actually purchase the apps on Android Market. 10c deal they are having is just crazy to pass up!

https://market.android.com/details?i...imed_promotion
    SugarSync (5GB Cloud) Referral Link. - We each get 500MB extra.
    Guide to Play MP4's from the Cloud. Guide to Free VOIP using Google Voice and Groove IP.