Multiple Google accounts, 1 market account

jalba3

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I own an Nexus S since. When I first activated the phone, I logged into my google apps account since it contained all of my contacts, calendars, and school email. However since I am now graduating I am switching all of the google apps info (.edu domain) to my personal gmail which was created shortly after purchasing the phone. I did root my phone and tried CM7 and activated/synced the phone with my personal gmail account however it does not recognize any of my paid purchased apps. I do a factory reset and activate/sync with my google apps, and I witness that this time it does recognize my purchased apps. The concern I have is that my personal gmail receives the actual receipts and confirmations of the purchased apps and not my google apps account. Weird huh? So my concern is that I want to fully use my personal gmail account without having to repurchase the bought applications and leave behind my university email.

Possible ideas I though were just leaving the account on the phone or contacting each individual developer but I wanted your insight.

PS: I tried signing in to market.android.com with my google apps and it says invalid. However signing into my gmail account it goes through but there is no record of any app purchases.

Polish Prince

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
In my opinion, the right thing to do is purchase the apps again. It should be of no concern to a developer that you've switched accounts. If they make an exception for you, then they would be setting a bad precedent in my opinion because they would be expected to do the same for anyone else making the same claim.
I am not implying you are lying. I am implying that others may lie to take advantage of developers.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk. Round stinka lardum bardle doo.