New Market Help- Don't Want Update

jrwestenberg

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone,

My HTC Desire started downloading the new version of the Market last night. Since I have a Desire, everybody knows that the memory on the phone is down right horrible. I was perfectly fine with the previous version of the Market. However, when I went to "uninstall updates", it uninstalled them, then about 5 minutes later, it reinstalled the new version again. I can't get it to stop.

The new Market takes up a lot more memory than the old one, and the new one is bringing me passed the dreaded "15 MB Zone".

Any help on how to stop it from updating would be great. Thanks a lot!

heatherfl

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I can't help you but I feel your pain. I am going through the same thing and have finally given up and accepted the Market update. Also, when it first updated it checked the box in all of my other apps to update automatically, and then they all started updating. Luckily the rest of the updates I had been avoiding because of space issues were pre-installed apps so I could uninstall the updates and then go in and re-uncheck the automatically install box. With all of this going on I went from 45 mb free to 15 mb free in a minutes between the Market, Gmail, and Maps. I wish you luck with your space issues

jrwestenberg

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, for sure. It's pretty annoying. The same thing happened to me. I don't understand how it has so little memory, when I see a crappy Samsung ]Android phone has 100+ MB of memory.

It's nice that I'm not the only one experiencing this, though.

Good luck!

jjerg

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Not only is the 'new & imprpved' market 8MB but it no longer shows category specific new apps, it sets all Google apps as auto download, and it is very clumsy to navigate. I contacted my provider and they contacted Google. The reply I was given was that by buying a Google enabled phone, you agree to allow Google to install what 'Google sees necessary to provide the best company surveying experience for the base company'. When I asked if I can speak directly to someone I was told Google does not speak directly to 3rd parties. I explained that I had signed nothing to ok someone to 'download info gathering software on my property' I was instructed that 'the supreme court decided that corporate needs outweigh the individual' and 'I chose to use this phone'.
Not only was I shocked that a company refused to speak to a customer but the messages that were relayed to me were rude at best. This may seem small to some (similar posts on other Android forums were taken down) but this really upsets me. I am going to lose apps I bought and use frequently to make space. My phone, an optimus, doesn't work when internal memory drops below 20 MB. Calls go straight to v mail and apps fc.
Please someone pass along some help. If my post isn't obvious, I'm very upset over this.
Jj

SeeK

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Two words: Custom ROM.

Also, I quite like the new Market - though performance-wise it's not amazing on a Desire.

jrwestenberg

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Not only is the 'new & imprpved' market 8MB but it no longer shows category specific new apps, it sets all Google apps as auto download, and it is very clumsy to navigate. I contacted my provider and they contacted Google. The reply I was given was that by buying a Google enabled phone, you agree to allow Google to install what 'Google sees necessary to provide the best company surveying experience for the base company'. When I asked if I can speak directly to someone I was told Google does not speak directly to 3rd parties. I explained that I had signed nothing to ok someone to 'download info gathering software on my property' I was instructed that 'the supreme court decided that corporate needs outweigh the individual' and 'I chose to use this phone'.
Not only was I shocked that a company refused to speak to a customer but the messages that were relayed to me were rude at best. This may seem small to some (similar posts on other Android forums were taken down) but this really upsets me. I am going to lose apps I bought and use frequently to make space. My phone, an optimus, doesn't work when internal memory drops below 20 MB. Calls go straight to v mail and apps fc.
Please someone pass along some help. If my post isn't obvious, I'm very upset over this.
Jj

That's horrible. I had no idea that Google would do something like that. Somebody needs to help... I got nothing.

watson387

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Two words: Custom ROM.

Also, I quite like the new Market - though performance-wise it's not amazing on a Desire.

A custom ROM might give you back the old Market for a short time, but it'll still get pushed to you. We, my friends, are all doomed to using the dreaded "New Market". lol

midmofan

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
The new market is also a battery killer. Titanium Backup mentions that it can block automatic updates even on system apps, but cant figure out how to do that. Best i can see is to convert to a user app, but then the market FC's when try to open it.

I think may have to uninstall updates and then freeze the market until i want to use it, then unfreeze it, then refreeze it

ARRRRRGGGHHHH!

dhlalit11

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
If you don't want your market to get autometicaly updated
First you need to root you device
Second download titanium backup from market
Third open titanium backup go to backup restore tab search for market updater.apk tap on it make a backup then freeze it unistall market update and it won't update again
Note: don't uninstall market updater because you will need it in future

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
The supreme court is jacked right now with big business loving bush appointees.

Anyway, I don't mind the new market. I just wish it would work. Search shows 863 results but I can only see like 20. Right now it's just a hourglass wheel on a grey screen.

Sucks.

"don't be evil "

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member