Block in app purchases

Cassidy

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Couldn't find anyone discussing this yet... I need a way to block in-app purchases on both my phone and tablet. My 9 year old clicked on something in a game and spent $60... he didn't know that it would spend "real world" money (the game didn't clearly make the distinction between in-game money and actual money.

Both devices are rooted. Would it work if I renamed the Market APK before I gave the device to him to play with, or is there a better way?

Or... is there a way to set up Google Checkout (again, couldn't find this on my own) so that it requires me to enter my card number for each purchase?

I heard Google was going to allow a password to be set for market purchases, but I have never seen this option on either my phone or my tablet.

svatos40p

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
You go to market.
Hit menu than settings
Scroll down until you see set pin
Set your pin and it will block all purchases unless you put the pin in.
This should stop in app purchasing problem.
Worked for me.

korpigirl

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Thank you,I've been looking for this for ages,I love the restrictions settings on my iPod,I wish my android tablet had something like that too,but blocking inapp purchases is all I need for now,thanks for your advice,now my daughter can play games on my tablet without my supervision :)