How long does it take Google to refund money?

F

fearmychickens

I purchased an app on Saturday and returned it the same day for a full refund. I just checked my bank account and it still hasn't been refunded.

Approximately, how long does it take Google to refund money? Is there a way I can report this issue to them?

Jeatin

Banned
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I purchased an app on Saturday and returned it the same day for a full refund. I just checked my bank account and it still hasn't been refunded.

Approximately, how long does it take Google to refund money? Is there a way I can report this issue to them?

They don't charge until 1 day later. Check your statement to verify that. I've never been charged myself until 24 hours later unless I returned the app.

F

fearmychickens

They don't charge until 1 day later. Check your statement to verify that. I've never been charged myself until 24 hours later unless I returned the app.

I was charged on the same day. Is there a way I can report this to them? I'm still missing those $4 from my account.

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I'd say wait a couple of days for it to come back then go to Google checkout and then support and contact Google from there to see what they can do for you.

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
some of my online recent activity statements from credit cards have also been delayed...must have something to do with the long weekend....usually, charges show up 24 hours later...but now it has been about 3 days since my most "recent activity"

I'd wait it out for a few more days

F

fearmychickens

some of my online recent activity statements from credit cards have also been delayed...must have something to do with the long weekend....usually, charges show up 24 hours later...but now it has been about 3 days since my most "recent activity"

I'd wait it out for a few more days

That's what I'm thinking. Must be memorial weekend because I returned the app on Saturday and it's now Tuesday morning with no money returned. I'll wait a few more days and see.

aprilicious84

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
I've noticed it has taken about a week, because it shows up as a pending charge vs debited it is processed as a credit. It states the account will not be charged but it is if your bank has option as credit.

F

fearmychickens

After 6 days, the money was finally returned. I didn't think it would take the dev this long to return the money.

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site

I'm having this same problem. I purchased 2 apps this past Sunday. Within a few minutes, I uninstalled the 2 apps, and Google sent me an email saying my purchases will be canceled. However, my bank account was immediately charged for the 2 apps, and it's now Tuesday and the 2 charges still show up on my bank account. Should I just wait longer for a refund? Thanks, Casey

UPDATE: I finally got a refund a couple days ago. Just thought I'd provide this update.

Last edited:

Calvin Y

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
Consider yourself lucky, I tried to buy a Chromebook and it cancelled my order, so I tried again with updated info and the same thing happened. I'm missing over $400 from my account, yet both orders are "cancelled".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888