Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    fearmychickens
    fearmychickens's Avatar
    Guest

    Default How long does it take Google to refund money?

    I purchased an app on Saturday and returned it the same day for a full refund. I just checked my bank account and it still hasn't been refunded.

    Approximately, how long does it take Google to refund money? Is there a way I can report this issue to them?
  2. #2  
    Jeatin's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    18 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fearmychickens View Post
    I purchased an app on Saturday and returned it the same day for a full refund. I just checked my bank account and it still hasn't been refunded.

    Approximately, how long does it take Google to refund money? Is there a way I can report this issue to them?
    They don't charge until 1 day later. Check your statement to verify that. I've never been charged myself until 24 hours later unless I returned the app.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    fearmychickens
    fearmychickens's Avatar
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeatin View Post
    They don't charge until 1 day later. Check your statement to verify that. I've never been charged myself until 24 hours later unless I returned the app.
    I was charged on the same day. Is there a way I can report this to them? I'm still missing those $4 from my account.
  4. #4  

    Default

    I'd say wait a couple of days for it to come back then go to Google checkout and then support and contact Google from there to see what they can do for you.
  5. #5  

    Default

    some of my online recent activity statements from credit cards have also been delayed...must have something to do with the long weekend....usually, charges show up 24 hours later...but now it has been about 3 days since my most "recent activity"

    I'd wait it out for a few more days
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  
    fearmychickens
    fearmychickens's Avatar
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eyecon82 View Post
    some of my online recent activity statements from credit cards have also been delayed...must have something to do with the long weekend....usually, charges show up 24 hours later...but now it has been about 3 days since my most "recent activity"

    I'd wait it out for a few more days
    That's what I'm thinking. Must be memorial weekend because I returned the app on Saturday and it's now Tuesday morning with no money returned. I'll wait a few more days and see.
  7. #7  

    Default

    Wait...you can "return" a paid app for full refund??

    What's the time period to get a refund? Is this available for any paid app?
  8. #8  
    z0phi3l's Avatar

    Posts
    120 Posts
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DesertSilver View Post
    Wait...you can "return" a paid app for full refund??

    What's the time period to get a refund? Is this available for any paid app?
    24 hours, you can return any paid app in that time frame
  9. #9  

    Default

    Just file a chargeback with your credit card
  10. #10  

    Default

    I've noticed it has taken about a week, because it shows up as a pending charge vs debited it is processed as a credit. It states the account will not be charged but it is if your bank has option as credit.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  
    fearmychickens
    fearmychickens's Avatar
    Guest

    Default

    After 6 days, the money was finally returned. I didn't think it would take the dev this long to return the money.
  12. #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fearmychickens View Post
    I purchased an app on Saturday and returned it the same day for a full refund. I just checked my bank account and it still hasn't been refunded.

    Approximately, how long does it take Google to refund money? Is there a way I can report this issue to them?

    I'm having this same problem. I purchased 2 apps this past Sunday. Within a few minutes, I uninstalled the 2 apps, and Google sent me an email saying my purchases will be canceled. However, my bank account was immediately charged for the 2 apps, and it's now Tuesday and the 2 charges still show up on my bank account. Should I just wait longer for a refund? Thanks, Casey

    UPDATE: I finally got a refund a couple days ago. Just thought I'd provide this update.
    Last edited by Casey415; 04-09-2011 at 01:09 AM.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: How long does it take Google to refund money?

    Consider yourself lucky, I tried to buy a Chromebook and it cancelled my order, so I tried again with updated info and the same thing happened. I'm missing over $400 from my account, yet both orders are "cancelled".
  14. #14  

    Default Re: How long does it take Google to refund money?

    15 minutes from time of purchase.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: How long does it take Google to refund money?

    usually few hours

Posting Permissions