Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google Playstore Problem- It wont connect

I can connect to the internet and other app stores like my amazon app store. For some reason i cannot connect to my google playstore. Why is this happening?
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Google Playstore Problem- It wont connect

bump please help

You might need to force close the Google Play Store.
    Here's how;
    Go to Settings
    Select: Applications.
    Select: Running
    Select play store. -May be called Google Play or Google Play Store-
    Select: Force Close and Clear Cache.

Hopefully this helps
    Razr Maxx- THE BEAST
    Droid 4
    Droid 3
    -Isaac-
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I tried that a few times and i even uninstalled it as well and nothing happened.I cleared the data and nothing happened. I tried to convert back to the previous app store and still nothing happened.

Its making me mad
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Wow, all i had to do when enable automatic date&time and then it worked perfectly. Took 3 days to figure this out.

Well at least you know that now.. the other thing I was going to tell you to try is to go into Settings; Accounts and Sync; What ever google account your play store is used with, and sync that account. This is what I did with my phone and I have helped other people with this problem, and this usually solves the issue.

Just letting you know
    -Isaac-
    Razr Maxx- THE BEAST
    Droid 4
    Droid 3
    -Isaac-

hi im just new with android, im also encountering problems in connecting to google play store, i tried to force close and set date and time in automatic but still it is not connecting.. pls help me what to do next.. appreciate your kind rply..

Hi... I had the same problem...very new to android tablet...had it about 2 days now.
    I forced closed as well, then turned the device off. When I turned it back on, it worked.

hey, my name is Tanisha and i have a samsung galaxy young and i dont have an interent connection on my phone, however i would like to access google play to download apps such as instragram. I looked on my running settings and there was not a running app know as google play or anything. I dont know what i should do know, i would like to go on instragram when im out and about but my phone says it has no relaible interent connection when i have 3g and bars?
    Help?

Thank you - really strange problem I set the automatic date and it worked fine just as you suggested, really appreciate your post.

Well thanks for these posts, Providing the solution. Android applications are easy to use but some times a normal problem can make you confused.

Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!

Thank you!! Would have never guessed that it was the time setting either. I tried everything and finally realized the time and date were.set erong so i change it to the correct time/date and i can access the store now:):)

I've tried everything the time and syncing and the connection thing but nothings working for some reason it just won't connect and I have full connection please help...

I can connect to the internet and other app stores like my market store. For some reason i cannot connect ......can you connect now??? we have the same problem..
    Last edited by Xhanah Hersan; 07-04-2013 at 02:14 AM.

You might need to force close the Google Play Store.
    Here's how;
    Go to Settings
    Select: Applications.
    Select: Running
    Select play store. -May be called Google Play or Google Play Store-
    Select: Force Close and Clear Cache.

i try that but when i go to running it doesn't have google play...and even market which is in my andriod fone.. pls.. send me another tips.

Ok so I have a nexus 7and I did everything on this thread and still it says network error. My sync page says sync error? So now what?

Lightbulb Re: Google Playstore Problem- It wont connect

Thanks for posting this. Turns out I was having the same issue. I assume if the devices date and time doesnt match up correctly then Google Services won't sync to your device. As a side note, this problem will cause your 4G and Wifi icons to turn grey because Blue icons indicate the phone is connected to Google Services.

I must have turned off Automatic Date and time when I was on vacation and wanted the phone to show the time at home instead of the local time. Again, thanks for the tip!

I have problems for my google playstore
    How to do connected to buy apps store fo my device

Why the hell does the date and time have to be set on auto for a tablet to connect to Google Play? That is Absolutely Absurd and Unbelievable!!

Okay so I'm totally new here and hopefully I'm posting this in the right place. Here's a summary of my situation:

Keep getting a notification a new version of Pandora is out, so I tried loading the Play Store. It attempts to load, but then force quits. This happened several times. I restarted my device and the same thing kept happening. I cleared the data, chose to force quit it myself and the same thing keeps happening. I even (accidentally) uninstalled my version and had to find another version of Play Store, but it just keeps force quitting on me.

I have an old Samsung Replenish, 3G. The version of Play Store I re-downloaded (from "Android Police"?) is version 4.1.6 (Which oddly enough is taking up more space than the version I accidentally uninstalled. There's also currently no version of "Google Play services" as I long, long, long ago deleted this as it seemed useless and was taking up too much space. However, I don't believe *that* to be the problem, as between then and now I never had a problem updating or adding and deleting other apps.

Um.. not sure of any other info that might be helpful. Thanks so much in advance for any help anyone might be able to offer.

PS: I know the obvious answer is probably update my old, very outdated phone, but unfortunately, that's a last resort at this point as money is very tight.

Quote Originally Posted by jpgrb View Post
    Okay so I'm totally new here and hopefully I'm posting this in the right place. Here's a summary of my situation:

Keep getting a notification a new version of Pandora is out, so I tried loading the Play Store. It attempts to load, but then force quits. This happened several times. I restarted my device and the same thing kept happening. I cleared the data, chose to force quit it myself and the same thing keeps happening. I even (accidentally) uninstalled my version and had to find another version of Play Store, but it just keeps force quitting on me.

I have an old Samsung Replenish, 3G. The version of Play Store I re-downloaded (from "Android Police"?) is version 4.1.6 (Which oddly enough is taking up more space than the version I accidentally uninstalled. There's also currently no version of "Google Play services" as I long, long, long ago deleted this as it seemed useless and was taking up too much space. However, I don't believe *that* to be the problem, as between then and now I never had a problem updating or adding and deleting other apps.

Um.. not sure of any other info that might be helpful. Thanks so much in advance for any help anyone might be able to offer.

PS: I know the obvious answer is probably update my old, very outdated phone, but unfortunately, that's a last resort at this point as money is very tight.
    You could always root and update your phone to the newest android and get the play store working again.

Posted via Samsung S3

Hey guys if you tried all of the above and still no luck you can also turn '2 step verification' off ! That helped me log into play store with my LG Optimus G...beautiful phone I must add..even better now I can access play store. Good luck

How do I work google playstore

Thank you so much..I've tried everything to get playstore to work on my sons nabi. I never would have figured that out, what a dumb set up lol
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast