Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Default Re: Google play store keeps force closing

Quote Originally Posted by Spectre130 View Post
    Same thing has happened to me. I Force Stop, Clear Data then immediately reboot and still the app will not open, or it tried then force closes. One thing to note, I did have some strange Facebook thing downloading earlier and I did stop that. I might have screwed something up?
    You can also try enabling the Google Account Manager of your device. This worked for me. For detailed steps please visit HOW TO FIX GOOGLE PLAY STORE LOADING ISSUE - News - Bubblews
    Thanked by:

My wife has a Galaxy Tab Model SCH-I800 Firmware 2.3.5 on a Verizon Wireless Data plan. She kept getting constant errors saying various apps unexpectedly quit; most common were Google Play, Facebook and Pandora (among a few others). Being an Apple guy, I searched and searched for troubleshooting ideas. We tried EVERYTHING we've found that was suggested including going to App Manager and clearing data and cache, and making sure download manager was enabled and cleared, etc. etc.. Nothing is working. She cancelled the data plan and was ready to throw it in the trash, but I want to try to fix this as an alternative to my iPhone since the display is so much bigger.

We have no data that needs saved, so I wanted to just zap it back to factory fresh. However, when I do (or think I do), it restarts and still has all the goofy games she and the kids downloaded, such as Bad Piggies, Angry Birds, Lets Gold, etc. I seriously doubt those are factory apps. On top of that, every time I reboot, it tells me I should reboot and upgrade. I've tried doing that, but after the reboot it asks me the same question over and over. It also runs me through the set-up wizard and I have to establish the WiFi again.

This seems like a nice device and I really want to get this working and keep it for myself. Can anyone help me either fix this problem or tell me how to REALLY take it back to factory install. Going through the interface via Settings -> About Device -> System Updates isn't working, nor is selecting 'Restore to Factory Settings' while it's rebooting.

Downloads also fail, and there is nothing in the Download Manager. Network connection is confirmed. In fact right now the only thing it's good for is surfing the Net if you can stand the constant Google Play error messages.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Follow this step and I am sure the Google play store would start working on Galaxy tab again.

Here's how;
    Go to Settings
    Select: Applications.
    Select: Running Services
    Select play store. -May be called Google Play or Google Play Store-
    Select: Force Close and Clear Cache.

Exact same here.
    I terminated a duplicate download and no G.P.S force closes automatically when I try to open it.

Nothing is changing this problem

Quote Originally Posted by Dorie Propheter View Post
    I had this problem and called Google Support. They were very helpful. What I had done is disabled the Download Manager when trying to get rid of the Facebook download notification. Go into Settings...Apps....All...then find and click on Download Manager. Note that if it is disabled it will be at the very bottom of the list of apps. Once you click on Download Manager you can click to enable it again. This worked for my problem at least so I'm posting hoping it may help others.
    This worked for me.. thanks Dorie!
    Thanked by:

I Have a Metro Pcs 4G ZTE . My Google Play App Is always Force Closing . How do I Fix It ???!

Sir, I just created an account on here for the sole purpose of thanking you. You are a SAINT!

life saver ! thank you so much !

Omg Just HadThis Problem Ty!

This solution worked for me as well. Note 3/AT&T/4.3

Worked for me as well. AT&T/ Note 3/ 4.3

Hope it works for my note 3 too!

THANK YOU!!! My droid bionic wasn't updating anything at all but doing this fixed that issue quickly.

Awesome! Thanks!

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dorie Propheter View Post
    I had this problem and called Google Support. They were very helpful. What I had done is disabled the Download Manager when trying to get rid of the Facebook download notification. Go into Settings...Apps....All...then find and click on Download Manager. Note that if it is disabled it will be at the very bottom of the list of apps. Once you click on Download Manager you can click to enable it again. This worked for my problem at least so I'm posting hoping it may help others.
    Kudos!

A friend had the same problem and got solved with your help :-)

I am using an Lenovo Ideatab s6000-h and my problem is when I open Google Play Store it immediately closes
    Help me
    Thank you in advance for any help

Quote Originally Posted by AaronCherrie View Post
    I am using an Lenovo Ideatab s6000-h and my problem is when I open Google Play Store it immediately closes
    Help me
    Thank you in advance for any help
    Try resetting Date and Time.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

Awesome! Worked PERFECTLY to fix Play Store issue :-)

in settings, where you usually uninstall your apps, find google play and clean its data, it should help
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #45  

Global Posts
    139 Global Posts

I made this thread in April 2012. It's September 2014. I'm impressed.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12