Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    137 Global Posts

Default Google play store keeps force closing

I have a galaxy tab 8.9 the att version and the play store keeps crashing everytime I try to open it. This happened to my sony tablet s with youtube and when I did a reinstall it didnt fix the problem. It just fixed itself a few days later. Any thoughts?

Sent from my Samsung galaxy Sll Skyrocket

Default Re: Google play store keeps force closing

Go into settings; Applications; All; Google Play Store; Force Close; Clear Cache.
    Should work, otherwise restart you tablet.
    Hope this helps
    -Isaac-
    Razr Maxx- THE BEAST
    Droid 4
    Droid 3
    -Isaac-

My google play store keeps. Forceing closed need help

Thumbs down Re: Google play store keeps force closing

That's not enough....any other advice/fix?

Go to settings, apps, all. GO to Play Store. Clear cache and data. Reboot immediately. See if that does it

Sent from my rotary phone
    "I can only see half of what's going on
    But i'm alright
    'Cause I can still smile"

Wide Mouth Mason - Smile

Same thing has happened to me. I Force Stop, Clear Data then immediately reboot and still the app will not open, or it tried then force closes. One thing to note, I did have some strange Facebook thing downloading earlier and I did stop that. I might have screwed something up?
    Last edited by Spectre130; 03-14-2013 at 05:51 PM. Reason: bad spelling

Same here could this be a virus issue

I had this problem and called Google Support. They were very helpful. What I had done is disabled the Download Manager when trying to get rid of the Facebook download notification. Go into Settings...Apps....All...then find and click on Download Manager. Note that if it is disabled it will be at the very bottom of the list of apps. Once you click on Download Manager you can click to enable it again. This worked for my problem at least so I'm posting hoping it may help others.

Thanks Dorie I also disable my downloads when trying to stop this mysterious Facebook update. I followed your advice and went to Settings < Application Manager < All < Download at the end of list and I enabled it. Fixed the issue but this FB download is still downloading.
    Thanked by:
    Allie Irvin likes this.

Can someone say how to contact play store help desk? I tried force stop, clear cache and clear data and even the fb thing but my play store keep closing. Getting pissed.

well even i have the some problem..when i found out the reason it made me laugh..go to the settings application manager /all/ to the end of the list you will see your download manger is disable enable it again restart your phone or tablet your problem is solve..:P
    Thanked by 2:
    tigresaa likes this.

I was having same issue force close for google play store .. followed the advise of everyone cleared cash then uninstalled app rebooted went to apps play store was there clicked on it works like new. BTW im using an EVO 4g lte

Thank you so much!!! This fixed my problem

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you so much...this helped me!!!

Yuppers going to settings . and all . .clearing caches did NOT work. HOWEVER the other option did
    I went to application manager and ALL THE WAY AT THE END it said DOWNLOADS Disabled. I enabled it and BAM tons of updates are comming thru.. GREAT FIND!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Yuppers going to settings . and all . .clearing caches did NOT work. HOWEVER the other option did
    I went to application manager and ALL THE WAY AT THE END it said DOWNLOADS Disabled. I enabled it and BAM tons of updates are comming thru.. GREAT FIND!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Dude that totally worked for me! You totally helped me, thank you!

Talking Re: Google play store keeps force closing

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Dorie, you the man !   
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorie Propheter View Post
    I had this problem and called Google Support. They were very helpful. What I had done is disabled the Download Manager when trying to get rid of the Facebook download notification. Go into Settings...Apps....All...then find and click on Download Manager. Note that if it is disabled it will be at the very bottom of the list of apps. Once you click on Download Manager you can click to enable it again. This worked for my problem at least so I'm posting hoping it may help others.

Dorie Propheter: Thanks a lot, did solve my issue

You are my saviour

Thumbs up Re: Google play store keeps force closing

Thank you ! Had the exact same issue... constant notifications from games facebook and other apps, would continue after i selected no notifications.. so i thought like you disable download manager. I was wrong. lol

thanks for the fix. Very much apreciated.

THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH!!!! A friend of mine had this very problem and I was able to fix it off your info. Awesome.

can u help me? when i go to play store a message box appeare " Google Play Store has stopped " what should i do to fix my play store please help me

Angry Re: Google play store keeps force closing

i tried wt u said but every time i try to go on the application manager it also force closing !! HELP

do you mean do a complete factory reset and delete everything??

Quote Originally Posted by marshall norris View Post
    do you mean do a complete factory reset and delete everything??
    Any custom ROM or stock.
    First of all make sure there is no data limit active or reached by going in
    Settings >> Data usage.

2. Make sure time zone in settings is set correct. That helps if u have travelled to other zone or is wrong selected.

3. You can clear data of play store by going in Settings >> apps setting >>all tab >> google play store>> clear data.

4. If this doesnt work and u are on custom rom then flash gapps again or if u are on stock then wipe / reset phone.

Flowed from Burst !

Quote Originally Posted by Shishie Aziz View Post
    i tried wt u said but every time i try to go on the application manager it also force closing !! HELP
    You can also try enabling the Google Account Manager of your device. This worked for me. For detailed steps, you can also visit the link
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast