How do you clear the search history in the Android Market Search?

sabrewulf

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if this has been covered before or not, but it's pretty annoying having that list. I can imagine it growing bigger and bigger as time passes. There's gotta be a way to clear this search history?

bobodobo

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if this has been covered before or not, but it's pretty annoying having that list. I can imagine it growing bigger and bigger as time passes. There's gotta be a way to clear this search history?
Hmmm I wonder what you've been searching for that you need to erase...? :p :D

Sorry, I couldn't resist... J/K...

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Go into settings applications then market clear cache and delete market. It will not actually delete the market just the update. Exit out reboot phone click market icon agree it to it you will be good. I do this once a week.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
I just tried historyeraser it works nice simple easy to use and u can clear more then just market.

VZWBB

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I just tried this and it worked for me. What I did is went into settings -> applications -> manage apps -> market -> clear cache and then I also uninstalled updates. Seems to act like a factory reset of sorts for marketplace. But it still remembers what apps you have installed, etc.

I don't know what negative effects it has if any, but at least you don't have to install a seperate app/or be rooted to do it. I also have no idea on how it works for paid apps either as I don't have any.

Last edited:

ic3pO

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Golden Nugget!

Bump - This is one sweet nugget of info!

That stupid list in Market has been buggin' me since I started using it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch