Play Store Account

bluegti02

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Do I have to create a gmail address in order to download content from the play store? I just got a the SIII as a work only phone and dont want to put my personal gmail on there nor do I really want to have to create a gmail just for this. All I want is to be able to download content from the Play Store. The entire company might eventually go completely android and I dont want to have to create a gmail account for every phone/user just so they can get the play store. My old blackberry let me use any email address for the app market. Does Google allow this as well?

anon268366

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
It must be a gmail account. But you can put a gmail account on as many phones as you want (i think). So you could just make a company one and put that on all the phones.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

bluegti02

May 25, 2012
Visit site
yea I mean thats a fair alternative but if someone takes it upon themselves to purchase something then that can cause problems. If I shared the account information, people could easily lock me out or add credit card information etc. Just too many unknown variables. I do recall back in the day, you could make another email address a google account. Meaning I was able to make a google account with my @yahoo.com email address. This was long before android and not even sure what the purpose/point was of doing so and I dont know if it still exists.

There HAS to be a better option....

bacope

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
You can create a Google account with any email, but it seems one has to start a new email with gmail just to buy from the android store via a smart phone :-( ....

Why is it that the other major stores: Apple Store & Windows Store allow one to register and $pend money without forcing the buyer into their own email $ystem? Could it be that google/gmail wants more information about us, which can then be sold, than the other email systems get from their users. I thought Google/Android was supposed to be a better alternative than Apple - Not so! Looks like I'll be going back to an iPhone on my next upgrade! Good-bye Google, Hello BING.com

Feb 19, 2015
Visit site
If your company mail id is a part of gmail you can use that, else you will have you create one if you want to download from play store. You can add as many mail ids in your smartphone. Unlike Blackberry, Google Play needs to sync your mail id which is in your phone.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Sorry, but what are you referring to? How long it takes to create an account?

surinder12

Oct 4, 2017
Visit site
there is no any alternative instead gmail account. You require a gmail account to login on play store. If you don't want to use your personal gmail then it's better for you to create a new one..