Remove Google Play Store

duckydesign

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
Is it possible to remove the Google Play store or hide it while still allowing content to be installed via website? There is content in the store that I don't want viewable on the phone. My computers are locked down with monitoring software, so it would be ok for apps to be installed from the website. I heard that stock apps can be removed by rooting a phone. If the Google Play store was removed, would that prohibit installing apps via website too?

Thanks!

Zhara

Queendroid
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Idk what kind of content you mean exactly, but if you go to the settings in the play store there is a filter where you can choose the level of maturity of apps that show.

I wouldn't un uninstall the play store. It'll probably cause trouble. Most custom launchers allow you to hide certain apps from showing up in your app drawer if the filter isn't good enough.

Sent from my SPH-D710

duckydesign

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
Some of the content that I want blocked includes the magazines. There is content in there that is worse than the apps show and is not able to be filtered. There is also some questionable content that gets through the filter set at medium maturity. I have looked into the launchers that let you hide apps, such as the store, but it doesn't block the app from running. It just makes it a little harder to access.

Thanks for the reply

Developer3000

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
You can remove the Google Play store from your phone by doing two steps. First, you have to make a root for your device so your device will be rooted. Second step is downloading an app to remove the Google Play store, I really can't remember this app name but I think its name is "Remove System Apps" or something like that and you will find many other apps like it on the market. After removing the Google Play Store from your device, you will still be able to install apps from the website to your phone but you will not be able to access Google Play store anymore from your phone. :)

Mahesh Paudel

Sep 5, 2015
Visit site
Yes, by rooting a phone, we can remove completely any files and can also add if we want. But a careful attention is needed, i.e. we should have a vision of what we are doing. I've been completely playing with rooted phone. Your straight answer is: Yes, we can remove google play store and avoid automatic installing of Google Play Services but you see, Google Play Services may then misbehave. The one that came with your phone works but other doesn't. The other apps that rely upon Google Play Services like youtube.apk, gmail.apk, doesn't word except those which doesn't depend upon it. Memory is consumed a lot by Google Play Services. Removing google play helps to increase memory too.
For compensation of Google Play Store, we can use other forms of similar downloading like 1MobileMarket.apk, Mobogenie.apk, etc. For youtube, we can use online browsing from web browsers (.apk).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad