How do I Unstall an APP that was not installed from Market?

David737

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I have downloaded two APP directly from a developers website to my Sprint HTC EVO. How do I uninstall one of the APPs if I do not want it any more? Sorry about the obvious question, but I am a beginner. Thanks, David

bnob99

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
From your home screen, hit menu then go to settings. Once inside there, go to applications, then to manage applications. All of your apps should be in there. Select the one you want to uninstall and there should be an uinstall option.

AnAm85

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Wrong, you cant delete pre-installed apps from the factory. You need to find an App in the Market called Apex Uninstaller or Apps Organizer... I believe both have options to delete default apps... Just be carefull not to delete any apps you HAVE to have for normal operation.

Hope this helped...

KrispyKrink

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Wrong, you cant delete pre-installed apps from the factory. You need to find an App in the Market called Apex Uninstaller or Apps Organizer... I believe both have options to delete default apps... Just be carefull not to delete any apps you HAVE to have for normal operation.

Hope this helped...

Perhaps you're living up to your name or failed to read. Nobody asked about default apps. The question was how to uninstall apps downloaded direct from dev websites and not from the market. The answer he was given is 100% correct.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674