Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock

Default Is it possible to "transfer" amazon app store purchases to google play?

I am probably using the incorrect terminology, but hopefully this can help show what I am trying to ask.

I have bought a few applications off the Amazon App Store. However, Amazon Appstore seem to behind in terms of updating applications. Widgetlocker Lockscreen for example, is at 2.3.1 on the Google Play Store, while on the Amazon Appstore, its' at 2.2.x.

I was wondering if it was possible to get WLL or any other application that is behind in updates off the Play Store for free, since I already bought it (although it was not from the Play Store).
    Nokia 3220-->Motorola Razr-->Sidekick LX-->HTC G1-->Motorola Cliq-->HTC Thunderbolt-->Samsung Galaxy Note II
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,783 Global Posts

Default Re: Is it possible to "transfer" amazon app store purchases to google play?

Nope.
    Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (LRX21P, Lollipop 5.0)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

Default Re: Is it possible to "transfer" amazon app store purchases to google play?

As it deals with different billing systems, and transferring money from one company to another (who would want to give their money to someone else?...) the answer is no, unless you get REALLY lucky on it. I used to have an iPhone and have quite a few apps I would like to get again, but Google has already answered that they cannot transfer anything. Best suggestion, contact the app's developer and provide order details and see what they can do. It is the only other suggestion I can make.

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts

You'll be SOL. Would be nice to be able to transfer my free apps of the day over to the real play store though. Wishful thinking is all that will ever be!