"Duplicate provider authority" error with WeatherBug

cgtyoder

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
I have a Droid X running Android 2.3.4. I have had WeatherBug (free version) installed for a long time now. Yesterday, there was an update in Google Play. I attempted to upgrade and got a "Duplicate provider authority." error. I decided to completely uninstall WB and start from scratch, but I am still getting the same error, and can't install it at all now. Help! What am I missing here? Thanks for any pointers.

Jeff Maher

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I have a Droid X running Android 2.3.4. I have had WeatherBug (free version) installed for a long time now. Yesterday, there was an update in Google Play. I attempted to upgrade and got a "Duplicate provider authority." error. I decided to completely uninstall WB and start from scratch, but I am still getting the same error, and can't install it at all now. Help! What am I missing here? Thanks for any pointers.

Having the same issue running Android 2.3.4 on my Galaxy S.

cgtyoder

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Just got a response from WB tech support:

Thank you for your email. We have created Case #: 00196738 for your reference.

We are aware of this issue and our engineers are currently working on the problem. We do not have a completion date yet for when it will be fixed, but we will get this resolved as soon as possible.

(This was after I submitted this problem to them a few days ago, and then sent me an email asking for the exact info which I had sent them in the first place! Yeesh...)

ay

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I too got an e-mail reply from support today (although no case number yet). Hopefully we'll see a resolution soon!

cgtyoder

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
WeatherBug updated the app today - I was able to install it and all is working again for me. Hope it does the same for others here.

Lanneaus

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
This should work..

1. go to Android's App Management screen (Menu / Settings / Applications / Manage Applications), select Running, click on Play Store, click Clear Data
2. repeat for the Download Manager application
3. reboot the phone