"Duplicate provider authority" error with WeatherBug
I have a Droid X running Android 2.3.4. I have had WeatherBug (free version) installed for a long time now. Yesterday, there was an update in Google Play. I attempted to upgrade and got a "Duplicate provider authority." error. I decided to completely uninstall WB and start from scratch, but I am still getting the same error, and can't install it at all now. Help! What am I missing here? Thanks for any pointers.
- 11-07-2012, 10:53 AM #2
- 11-07-2012, 01:58 PM #3
- 11-08-2012, 09:55 AM #4
Re: "Duplicate provider authority" error with WeatherBug
Just got a response from WB tech support:
Thank you for your email. We have created Case #: 00196738 for your reference.
We are aware of this issue and our engineers are currently working on the problem. We do not have a completion date yet for when it will be fixed, but we will get this resolved as soon as possible.
(This was after I submitted this problem to them a few days ago, and then sent me an email asking for the exact info which I had sent them in the first place! Yeesh...)
- 11-08-2012, 03:24 PM #6
- 11-27-2012, 08:34 PM #8
- 12-04-2013, 04:22 AM #9
- 12-04-2013, 04:27 AM #10
- By Wired4Speed in forum AT&T Inspire 4GReplies: 3Last Post: 12-14-2011, 08:11 PM
- By ggoomani in forum Epic 4G Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 7Last Post: 10-15-2011, 01:22 PM
- By mannw1977 in forum Thunderbolt Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 13Last Post: 08-12-2011, 06:23 AM
- By Chris Kerrigan in forum Verizon FascinateReplies: 5Last Post: 01-18-2011, 11:15 AM
- By grhouse in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 09-21-2010, 05:42 AM