- 1 Posts
jelly bean 4.1.1 - apps not compatible
I just finished updating my Samsung Captivate (i897) to Jelly Bean 4.1.1. All is well and I love it except many of my favorite apps show up as incompatible in the app store.
I see references to this problem for other people on other devices, and references to "other sources" to install apps. But, most every place I go is just a new front end for the app store, and the app is still incompatible.
Please help! I don't want to have to reload the phone or downgrade. But, I the phone is of far less use to me without pandora and a few others.
- 12-26-2012, 09:38 PM #2
Re: jelly bean 4.1.1 - apps not compatible
Try editing your build.prop to that of another device or to your prior firmware. That will tell the store that you have a device you do not. Before updating I normally use Titanium Backup and then restore it so that I know all my apps are back on. I do occasionally encounter apps where it works on one device and not another, at which time I transfer the backup and restore it.
- By mikegoldnj in forum Sprint Galaxy S II Epic 4G TouchReplies: 12Last Post: 11-09-2011, 02:26 PM
- By TheMacs in forum Barnes & Noble Nook ColorReplies: 10Last Post: 10-16-2011, 10:27 AM
- By SnyperX in forum Android ApplicationsReplies: 0Last Post: 06-12-2011, 11:39 AM
- By Chrisy in forum Verizon HTC ThunderboltReplies: 8Last Post: 04-02-2011, 10:07 PM
- By jmrmotorhead in forum Barnes & Noble Nook ColorReplies: 11Last Post: 02-28-2011, 05:50 PM