"Purchase Failed" Notification

GutterIsATool

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I've been using my Play Store account to purchase digital comics through the Comixology app. Over the last couple of months, I've had a few purchases kicked back. I figured American Express didn't like a bunch of $1.99 purchases coming through in quick succession. Usually they worked when I tried the purchase again. Lately, I keep getting a notification saying that the purchase failed. Some of these failed purchases are over two weeks old. The notifications keep showing up, and they've started showing up much more frequently today. It's really getting annoying. I've seen a couple posts about this over the last couple of years, but never a solution. Has anybody else encountered this? Anybody know how to fix it?

gravage

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
I have been getting this a lot lately. I have several android devices (2 phones and 2 tablets) and they all get these notifications repeatedly. I can't find any way to dismiss them permanently and it's annoying. What's strange is, the purchases that are rejected often end up in my comics list, so I am receiving them, but I'm not sure if I'm paying for them.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I've been using my Play Store account to purchase digital comics through the Comixology app. Over the last couple of months, I've had a few purchases kicked back. I figured American Express didn't like a bunch of $1.99 purchases coming through in quick succession. Usually they worked when I tried the purchase again. Lately, I keep getting a notification saying that the purchase failed. Some of these failed purchases are over two weeks old. The notifications keep showing up, and they've started showing up much more frequently today. It's really getting annoying. I've seen a couple posts about this over the last couple of years, but never a solution. Has anybody else encountered this? Anybody know how to fix it?

I've personally never had this issue, but perhaps disabling notifications from the play store can help? You can do this by going to playstore> settings> uncheck notifications. Again, this is just a guess, and if it doesn't help, I'm sorry :eek:

I have been getting this a lot lately. I have several android devices (2 phones and 2 tablets) and they all get these notifications repeatedly. I can't find any way to dismiss them permanently and it's annoying. What's strange is, the purchases that are rejected often end up in my comics list, so I am receiving them, but I'm not sure if I'm paying for them.

I would check your transaction history on whatever account or card you are using for playstore purchases. I'm sure that you have paid for them, but glitches are not unheard of.

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA

codemonkey85

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
This has been happening to me as well, and I want to continue getting other notifications from the Play Store for app updates. These notifications persist through device wipes and new ROM flashes too, incidentally.

Anyone else figure this out?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech